3 point hitch lowering problem on YM2310 tractor

/ 3 point hitch lowering problem on YM2310 tractor #1  

etpm

Veteran Member
Tractor
yanmar ym2310
Even more questions from newbie Yanmar 2310 owner.
I cannot get the 3 point hitch arms to raise or lower smoothly, nor can I change the speed with which they move. According to the manual the lever under the seat that resides next to the knob used for keeping the 3ph from moving is used for controlling the lowering speed of the 3ph. I can only turn this lever a tiny amount, maybe 15 degrees of rotation. And rotating it doesn't change anything anyway.
When I raise or lower the 3ph with the box blade attached it moves in jerks. I move the lever smoothly that raises and lowers the 3ph and instead of the arms moving smoothly as well they sit still and then move some in a jjerk this happens through the complete range of travel.
So, any advice? Anybody else have or had this problem?

Thanks,
Eric

/ 3 point hitch lowering problem on YM2310 tractor #2  
Check ur fluid level?

/ 3 point hitch lowering problem on YM2310 tractor #3  
Even more questions from newbie Yanmar 2310 owner.
I cannot get the 3 point hitch arms to raise or lower smoothly, nor can I change the speed with which they move. According to the manual the lever under the seat that resides next to the knob used for keeping the 3ph from moving is used for controlling the lowering speed of the 3ph. I can only turn this lever a tiny amount, maybe 15 degrees of rotation. And rotating it doesn't change anything anyway.
When I raise or lower the 3ph with the box blade attached it moves in jerks. I move the lever smoothly that raises and lowers the 3ph and instead of the arms moving smoothly as well they sit still and then move some in a jjerk this happens through the complete range of travel.
So, any advice? Anybody else have or had this problem?

Thanks,
Eric
I'm a 2310 newbie also. Did you adjust the stop and slow valve next to the lever under the seat, it affects the operation of the lift lever.

/ 3 point hitch lowering problem on YM2310 tractor
The fluid level is where it's supposed to be. I found that when the engine is running the lever is very hard to turn but when the engine is stopped it turns quite easily and so now the lever is set to drop the 3PH slow!y and smoothly. The knob next to the lever is turned out enough so that it provides no impediment to fluid flow.
Thanks,
Eric

/ 3 point hitch lowering problem on YM2310 tractor #5  
Thanks for returning and posting the results. It will help others with the same issue. (y)