3 point lift issues NH 40 TC

/ 3 point lift issues NH 40 TC #1  

yanmars

Platinum Member
My brother has a NH 40 TC tractor with a loader. The loader will operate properly but the 3 point lift arms will not lift. They can be lifted by hand but will not with the hydraulics. Thoughts?

/ 3 point lift issues NH 40 TC #2  
Good thing is that the loader works which rules out bad hyd pump. 3 point lift does not have pressure down feature and can only lift and you can lift the arm by hand if nothing is attached to them. I am not particularly familiar with TC-40 but they all have the same conceptual design. You need to follow the route oil pressure plumbed to lift piston.
1- what happens when you try to lift the arm with the hydraulic without any attachment? do you see any movement, jerking on the arm?

2- You lift piston seal might be leaking. If that is the case then hyd pressure should lift even with it leaking but would drop as soon as tractor is off. The rate of drop is purely based on the size of the leak.

3-NH website does have the schematic and I can download if you have not done it before.
4- replacing he seal is not a difficult job, it is good that the hyd pump is working as that problem is high $$$ fix.

/ 3 point lift issues NH 40 TC #3  
My brother has a NH 40 TC tractor with a loader. The loader will operate properly but the 3 point lift arms will not lift. They can be lifted by hand but will not with the hydraulics. Thoughts?
Start by testing to see if the three point will lift WHILE using the loader controls. If it does, then some hoses are probably crossed on the loader valve return lines back to the tractor.

/ 3 point lift issues NH 40 TC #4  
I'm guessing this was working prior? Was he using it when it stop or was there any recent work done?

Has the 3PT Linkage been checked?
Also check the 3pt Flow Control Valve; it really should not stop the arms from raising but it would not hurt to turn it all the way in & then all the way out trying the 3PT in each position.

Attached is the troubleshooting page from a TC40D repair manual for the 3PT... it might help...

Attachments

• New Holland TC40D_3pt Troubleshooting.pdf
    18.2 KB · Views: 139