3 point linkage wont go down

/ 3 point linkage wont go down #1  

Glenn K

Tractor
Kubota BX2670
I can't lower the 3 point linkage on a 100Hp International Case or CNH International SA it was made in the UK.
If have read a lot here and elsewhere about a control below in front of the seat. The only controls near the seat I can see are to control the seat. It has 2 leavers to raise and lower the 3 point linkage. I believe one is for use while working impliment the other when not? They both used to work. The loader on the front works fine but it is separate as they both worked at the same time. It has a lot of switches and I don't know what some do but I tried switching them and it didn't help.

/ 3 point linkage wont go down #2  
Not familiar with the model, but I think first thing you need to do is get an owners manual so you know what the levers and switches do and their proper operation. Probably not a ton of members here are familiar with a 100hp euro tractor.

I am guessing nothing is wrong, but there is likely a drop speed adjust somewhere and even possibly a 3PH lock for road transport somewhere. One of those two is the likely culprit.

/ 3 point linkage wont go down #3  
I agree with LD1. Look at your owners manual and find the drop speed adjustment. It is likely closed off completely. If it was working before, I suspect you have somehow closed it or flipped a switch (if it has some kind of electronic lock for transport of which I don't know about your tractor)

Another thing that might be holding up the lift is if you have the draft control lever all the way up.

/ 3 point linkage wont go down #4  
If you can actually pull the model numbers someone could help. Another source is the Red Power web site.
Red Power Magazine Community

Folks there might know more on the subject. Pictures of the tractor and the rear 3point and controls would also be useful.

/ 3 point linkage wont go down
If you can actually pull the model numbers someone could help. Another source is the Red Power web site.
Red Power Magazine Community

Type / Version / Model CNH International SA Made in UK E18 5158

PF / PFC7BX2 /MXU100

Here in Australia it is sold as a Case International

Last edited:
   / 3 point linkage wont go down
I jumped up and down on the 3 point linkage and it came down just stuck. Thanks for the information everyone.

/ 3 point linkage wont go down #8  
Sometimes the bigger hammer works. Wishing the best as you learn about the beast. One suggestion is possibly have an local expert (someone that owns or operates one) go through it sometime with you and provide some training. Otherwise a full service, and changing all fluids, sounds in order.

PS: are you anywhere near Perth - have a friend that lives there and runs a line boring service.