3016 bypass valve for grapple

/ 3016 bypass valve for grapple #1  

Straightgrain3016

Silver Member
Tractor
RubberTirePSI65
I'm gonna put a 60" grapple on my 2012 Mahindra 3016 this next year; function valve 1st.

Did some reading, watched a few videos.

Of the 3 "Third Function" options that my brain can comprehend, the bypass option seems to be the best route for me; being able to control the rate of the grapple's jaws opening & closing, and being able to switch back & fourth between grapple tilt & grapple-jaw functions.

Trying to avoid guesswork, too many adapters, kimchi-rigging, leaks, and latency, I post this question:

Is there a "plug n play" bypass valve product for a Mahindra 3016?

Thanks in advance.

/ 3016 bypass valve for grapple #2  
I'm gonna put a 60" grapple on my 2012 Mahindra 3016 this next year; function valve 1st.

Did some reading, watched a few videos.

Of the 3 "Third Function" options that my brain can comprehend, the bypass option seems to be the best route for me; being able to control the rate of the grapple's jaws opening & closing, and being able to switch back & fourth between grapple tilt & grapple-jaw functions.

Trying to avoid guesswork, too many adapters, kimchi-rigging, leaks, and latency, I post this question:

Is there a "plug n play" bypass valve product for a Mahindra 3016?

Thanks in advance.
Reach out to summit hydraulic they will need tractor make and model. Provide email address they will contact you with correct valve based on your hydraulic system. I put diverter valve on from them inexpensive. There was more cost in hydraulic hoses and Parker fittings. Let us know your outcome. The summit valve works extremely well no disappointments.

/ 3016 bypass valve for grapple #3  
I have never been a fan of the "kits". Because it seems they always try and make it a one size fits all, and you end up with lots of adapters and fittings, and parts you dont need, and hoses that are not the perfect length, etc. All of that ends up costing more in the long run.

IF you have a local source for hydraulic hoses and fittings, just get the diverter valve and figure out where you want it mounted.

Once its mounted THEN you can get EXACTLY what you need to connect it to the system.

My kubota is different I am sure, but most loaders have a short hydraulic hose going from the valve and hooking to steel lines going up the loader arms.

I mounted my diverter where I could simply use those short hoses to directly feed the diverter. (saved two hoses). Then just two short hoses to reconnect to the steel lines, and two longer ones to power the grapple. So if you can mount it somewhere to re-use hoses you have to disconnect, more money saved

/ 3016 bypass valve for grapple #4  
I've never heard of it referred to as a "bypass" option, but rather a "diverter". If you use that term to do some searching, you'll find lots of info on them, maybe not directly about your particular machine, but the operation and hookup theory is all the same.

/ 3016 bypass valve for grapple #5  
I've got a "diverter" on my Kenbota to operate the grapple jaw. I put a push-on/push-off button on the curl valve lever (2-lever system). To help me know which mode I'm in, I put an LED on the diverter to indicate "grapple mode". It's a small 12v LED and doesn't draw enough current to affect the solenoid function.

I'll try to get some photos later.

Diverter Valve.jpg
Diverter Switch.jpg

Last edited:
   / 3016 bypass valve for grapple #6  
I've got a "diverter" on my Kenbota to operate the grapple jaw. I put a push-on/push-off button on the curl valve lever (2-lever system). To help me know which mode I'm in, I put an LED on the diverter to indicate "grapple mode". It's a small 12v LED and doesn't draw enough current to affect the solenoid function.

I'll try to get some photos later.

View attachment 773081View attachment 773082
That's weird: I could not see the pictures in your post. All I see is a bit of text at the bottom that says, "Diverter Valve.jpgDiverter Switch.jpg", like you tried to put in a picture, but failed. However, wen I hit reply, the pictures show up in my reply.

/ 3016 bypass valve for grapple #7  
i have a 3rd function on mine, it is a trade off, you lose some feathering ability but it is easier to coordinate between lift curl and close with a true 3rd function and the rate of close/open is slow enough that i do not need to feather it.

WR long is the place to go IMO great product.

i'm planning on expanding my rear remotes and will be using a diverter valve for that because feathering will be more important for that.