3025D?

/ 3025D? #1  

TomRC

Tractor
NA
I'm one of the apparently crazy people in this world that is actually considering a gear drive tractor. I like SIMPLE and I'm leaning orange at this point. The one downside to the L2501 gear drive is that it is a single stage clutch so anytime the clutch is pressed the PTO will stop. One nicety about the Kioti CK2610 gear drive is that it is a 2 stage clutch. Can someone tell me because the dealers I've been by can't even answer this question but what type of clutch is on the 3025D. Can you keep the PTO spinning on the 3025D when you press the clutch? Thanks!!

/ 3025D? #2  
I'm one of the apparently crazy people in this world that is actually considering a gear drive tractor. I like SIMPLE and I'm leaning orange at this point. The one downside to the L2501 gear drive is that it is a single stage clutch so anytime the clutch is pressed the PTO will stop. One nicety about the Kioti CK2610 gear drive is that it is a 2 stage clutch. Can someone tell me because the dealers I've been by can't even answer this question but what type of clutch is on the 3025D. Can you keep the PTO spinning on the 3025D when you press the clutch? Thanks!!

Not sure on the 3025D, but you can also look at LS MT225E, and the NH Workmaster 25. They both have 12x12 , 3 range gear transmission. Independent PTO, electric over hydraulic activation... throw a switch, PTO on / off. It functions independently of the clutch, you can turn it on / off while moving. Both are the same size tractors that you are looking at, but probably a lot lower cost.

/ 3025D?
Thanks for the info. Looking for SIMPLE with few electronics if I go anything other than Kubota which the 3025D appears to be. Hoping maybe it has a 2 stage clutch, just can't tell from specs.

/ 3025D?
FYI it is a single stage clutch. Stopped by a dealer, salesman cranked it up and if clutch is pressed for any reason PTO stops. Salesman was a little surprised as he was thinking it was a 2 stage but not the case.

/ 3025D? #5  

3Ds have a single stage transmission-driven (non-live/non-independent) PTO clutch setup. You would need to get a 3R such as a 3033R with the PowerReverser transmission to get a Deere of that size with a PTO that will continue to spin with the traction clutch engaged, it has an independent electrohydraulic PTO clutch. All 3Ds are like the Kubota L2501 and L3301 with a transmission-driven PTO and a single-stage clutch. The L3901 has a two-stage (live PTO) clutch. The L4701 has a typical modern independent PTO clutch where the PTO clutch is separate from the traction clutch but it's the size of a Deere 4 series tractor and not a 3D and it's an electrohydraulic PTO clutch and not a mechanical PTO clutch.

The smallest Deere with a mechanically activated non-transmission-driven PTO clutch is the 5E 3 cylinder series with the 9-speed TSS transmission. You get a long lever that's connected to the independent PTO clutch that you engage by hand rather than the little yellow button to push to engage the electrohydraulic PTO clutch as you get with the PowerReverser transmission. The setup works well and you can feather the PTO clutch to get a gentle engagement rather than the instant engagement of an electrohydraulic PTO clutch. But, it's a LOT bigger than the 3D, you could pick up a 3D with the 5E's loader.