3505 DI New Owner and Question

/ 3505 DI New Owner and Question #1  

jefflaur

Tractor
Mahindra 3505 DI
Finally traded my old trusty 8N on a grey market Mitsubishi..Did not feel right. It was just too small, and I just didn't get a good feel for it. When the little Mitsubishi fell backwards with a 5 fit House bushhog on it, I freaked out and sold the little blue machine at a local tractor dealer. My wife and I had been kidding each other about saying "Gee Dad...It's a Mah-hin-dra!!" everytime we drove by, but by golly that 3505 Diesel tractor is one well put together unit! I sprung for the power steering and was iincredibly impressed. The dealer (Blue Ridge Equipment, Franklin, NC) was quick to point me to the 0% financing, and sold my Mitsu for around 2500 dollars, so my financed price minus a post hole digging attachment and box-blade was under 6700! What a hoss!

I did have a slight problem at only 5 hours on the meter though. It just started losing power, and a burst of smoke (blue smoke) when you "goose" the throttle. Any ideas? I called the dealer, and they wasted no time in getting a field tech out there to dignose. He brought it back to the dealer, and went through it and brought it back in one day. Could not find anything out of place. My thought was a clogged air filter. (This tractor has had to sit under an overhang as I waited for the rain to quit for like 5 weeks and pine pollen this year has never been worse) The dealer said it might have been too much oil in the crankcase, or fouled fuel. I added a small amount of fresh #2 diesel (they had said to use off-road died diesel) and things got better using the highway fuel.

In any case I love this board, and appreciate all of the input from fellow tractor owners. And for now, this Mahindra is a red jewel. I'm hooked!

Jeff Gill
Autumn Hill Stables
Otto, NC <font color="red"> </font>

/ 3505 DI New Owner and Question #2  
Welcome to TBN my delear has that tractor on his lot and I have been trying to get him to sell me the mahindra seat cover off of it.

/ 3505 DI New Owner and Question #3  
How long did the tractor sit around with the old fuel in it before you bought it? Not sure that was the problem but you did the right thing in calling the dealer. Sounds like you have a good one. Nice thing is the problem has been reported and if it should surface again, certainly Mahindra will take care of it for you.
Welcome, and enjoy your new ride.