3510 HST with a new option (hint they are Good)

/ 3510 HST with a new option (hint they are Good) #1  

ElCidAviator

Tractor
Kioti 3510 HST
I finally picked up my 3510 HST from Haltom Equipment in Indiana. Aaron is extremely knowledgeable and gave me a great deal on the tractor. I have 25 acres of mostly wooded property with a few acres of tillable land. I ended up getting:
- EA Grapple
- Tiller
- Box Blade
And a unique option
- Goodyear R14 tires

I think these tires are the best option on the CK series. They gave me the width of the industrial tire and the added traction of an AG. IIRC I would have lost a couple hundred pound over the rear of the tractor just do to the difference in fill volume between the R1 AG and the Industrial. I would have also lost about 4 inches of width going with an R1 Ag tire. With the R14 I get the weight, width and a more aggressive tread pattern.

I don稚 know how many R14s are out there on Kioti痴 so let me know if you have questions.

Cheers!

/ 3510 HST with a new option (hint they are Good) #2  
Congratulations! I hope you get many years of trouble free service!

Post pictures of you get a chance, I would love to see those R14's in action!

/ 3510 HST with a new option (hint they are Good) #3  
Congrats on the new tractor and welcome to TBN.

/ 3510 HST with a new option (hint they are Good) #4  
I finally picked up my 3510 HST from Haltom Equipment in Indiana. Aaron is extremely knowledgeable and gave me a great deal on the tractor. I have 25 acres of mostly wooded property with a few acres of tillable land. I ended up getting:
- EA Grapple
- Tiller
- Box Blade
And a unique option
- Goodyear R14 tires

I think these tires are the best option on the CK series. They gave me the width of the industrial tire and the added traction of an AG. IIRC I would have lost a couple hundred pound over the rear of the tractor just do to the difference in fill volume between the R1 AG and the Industrial. I would have also lost about 4 inches of width going with an R1 Ag tire. With the R14 I get the weight, width and a more aggressive tread pattern.

I don稚 know how many R14s are out there on Kioti痴 so let me know if you have questions.

Cheers!

We have the R14's mounted on a couple CK10 Tractors here. From the tread pattern and aspect ratio of the tire, they are more a cross between and R-4 Industrial and R-3 Turf Tread. Not much about them similar to the R-1 Ag tread. These tires are just starting to come in, it will be interesting to get customer responses.

/ 3510 HST with a new option (hint they are Good)
My understanding is the tire was designed to be a cross between an R1 and an R4 which is where they got the name R14. Check out this video, he explains the tire well and the naming comes at 2 minutes I to the video.

I can稚 compare the tire back to back, but I feel like it痴 getting a better bite in the mud than an R4 and I like the aspect ratio or width better than an R1.

What are those Funky Tires on New Kubota and LS Tractors? - YouTube

/ 3510 HST with a new option (hint they are Good) #7  
Hope these R14's work out for you.

FWIW, if a person does select R1 tires, the Ag wheels are adjustable width for both front and rear. There are 2 different widths from the front wheels. 51.5" (outside edge of tire) standard and easily adjustable to 60" (outside edge of tire) if you move each front wheel to the opposite side.

There are 3 different widths for the rears. I don't know exact measurement for the narrow setting but I would imagine its around 54". The standard is 60" (outside edge of tire). The rear wheel is a 2 piece wheel held together with bolts. You can remove the bolts, reverse the wheel section, and make the rear AG wheel all the way out to 66" (outside edge of tire) if you so desire.
Yes, you do lose some potential RimGuard (or similar fluid) weight by going to R1's but there is rear wheel weights available via a couple vendors to substitute for the loss. I suspect you could even purchase the wheel weights for the R14's. Hope these work great for you.