3-Point Hitch 3pt hitch arm extension

/ 3pt hitch arm extension #11  
Last edited:
   / 3pt hitch arm extension #12  
There is something called "Pats", that is a quick hitch type of deal that lengthens the lower links about 6 inches. My father in law had one on his little Kubota and it seems to work pretty good. That might work for you and I don't think it is very expensive.

/ 3pt hitch arm extension #13  
Let's go back to "why can't you cut down the pto shaft?" The are made to cut down for your specific needs.

The idea of using a quick hitch is also good. It will add maybe 4" to effective lift arm length. If you use many attachments, it could also make hooking up more convenient (which is its primary purpose).

/ 3pt hitch arm extension #14  
My problem is that the tractor does not have integral hydraulics so when I mounted a front end loader the only way I could operate it was with a PTO pump. Great but every time I wanted to use the pto [ tiller etc.] I had to pull the pump and block up the loader so it wouldn't just drag on the ground. I found a 9 inch pto shaft extension that slides over the existing shaft. Now I can leave the pump attached but the end of the pto shaft is too close to the implements to connect. I figured by lengthening the 3-pt arms I may gain the needed distance from the pto shaft to the implement.
Rather than mess with the 3 point arms you could plumb your loader into the 484 tractor hydraulics rather than use a PTO pump.

/ 3pt hitch arm extension #16  
Last edited: