3-Point Hitch 3pt lifting height?

/ 3pt lifting height? #11  
I am surprised no one has cautioned about the adjustment for clearance when lifted versus when mowing. On my tractor when the top link is adjusted correctly for mowing allowing it to float the rear wheel will barely come off the ground when I raise the 3pt hitch. I do have a hydraulic top link which makes it easy to shorten if I need to lift the mower higher for transport. Shortening the top link will allow you to raise the implement higher but this may not be the correct adjustment when using the implement, just keep that in mind. Also remember the higher the implement is the higher your center of gravity is. Then conversely a big mower hanging low off the back could make the front end light. It is all a balancing act. Have fun with the new toy and pay close attention to how things feel when driving in order to stay out of trouble.

/ 3pt lifting height?
Sorry for the delay in responding. My son got married and had to tend to my fatherly duties. :DThanks for all the helpful responses. I will take them all into account the next time I get up to the property and get out on the tractor.:drink:I spent my first extended time in the seat repairing an old logging road with 40 tons of gravel. Found out I could really use a box blade or a rear blade but had a lot of fun and gained needed experience on the tractor and loader.

/ 3pt lifting height? #13  
Check out tripler's suggestion. I had the same problem with my new Massey. I couldn't lift my 7ft finish mower high enough for the rear wheels to clear the ground for transport. On my dealers advice I went the second set of holes and picked up about 12" of height. To change blades I have to shorten the top link all the way so I can crawl underneath.

/ 3pt lifting height? #15  
   / 3pt lifting height? #16  
Easier to just drop the front wheels in a ditch or down over a step !

No, the point is please don't rely on the hydraulics to hold a massive weight up while you crawl underneath it. The neighbor kid crawls on your tractor while you are laying under there and kicks the lever by accident (or any other unforeseen problem). It's not the weight or accessability, it's the safety.

/ 3pt lifting height? #17  
We always put jack stands to support our cutters when working under them and lower it on to them with no weight being supported by the 3PH.

/ 3pt lifting height? #18  
Just say no to cinderblocks.

/ 3pt lifting height?
Mark Page said:
Check out tripler's suggestion. I had the same problem with my new Massey. I couldn't lift my 7ft finish mower high enough for the rear wheels to clear the ground for transport. On my dealers advice I went the second set of holes and picked up about 12" of height. To change blades I have to shorten the top link all the way so I can crawl underneath.

I will try that next time I get on the tractor. Thanks