4100 Trade in Value

/ 4100 Trade in Value #1  

jdandme

Tractor
4100 , X758
Hi All, I'm looking into trading my 4100 Gear on a 2032. I don't want to get hosed on a trade so I wonder if anyone has done a similar trade recently.
My 4100 has 583 Hrs. in average condition with a loader and 60" mid mount. It also has turf tires that are loaded.
I'm looking at a similarly equipped new 2032.

Thanks Guys!

/ 4100 Trade in Value #2  
See you haven’t received any comments, so here’s mine. All subjective, based on noting more than what I’d do......you can look at the web for sale ads as well as I can.

If I walked into a JD dealership and was given the choice between a new X500 series and a 4100, gear, with under 600 hours, FEL and 60inch deck, cosmetically good shape, I’d opt for the 4100. I’d imagine the X is listing between $6.5 and $7,5K, so there’s one data point.

I like gears for field work, which essentially is what mowing is. I also have uses for a FEL and 3 point, and the ability to transport a CUT. Others may not, nor be able to live without a hydro transmission, nor want to mow with a CUT.

If I already owned a 4100 gear, I’d drop another $6K on what you described to have a spare.

Good luck.