4500P hydraulic issues

/ 4500P hydraulic issues #1  

rickvr69

Tractor
Ventrac 4500P
Hi

We have a Ventrac 4500P and the rear hydraulic motor gasket blew out. Replaced the gasket and tried to purge air out of the system by turning the steering all the way right and left numerous times. Current status is that it only moves in reverse and the front attachment bar moves up and down. No forward movement and no power steering. Called dealer and they don't know what is wrong but they are contacting Ventrac for advice. Have any of experienced this and what was the fix?

/ 4500P hydraulic issues
Question
Is there anything that I could have done wrong when replacing the gasket? The valve plate was lined up with the pin. I assume that since it moves in reverse that must be working properly
I also check that filters and sanction lines are tight.
It just weird because it was working fine until I replaced the gasket. Any help or recommendations would be appreciated.

/ 4500P hydraulic issues #3  
I haven't done this repair before so I'm a little out of my element, however I'm wondering if you would need to also cycle through the High/Low range lever to get a proper purge.

Can you tell us more about the repair? Such as were you doing anything unusual when it leaked or is it just an age issue? How many hours are on it?

When you opened up the rear transaxle, what did you find? Was the oil dirty? Did you find corrosion? Did you take it completely out an clean out the insides?

I'm also curious if you have the 3 point hitch option on this machine as well.

How long did it take you to do this?

I've looked for service manuals that might cover this but haven't found anything, do you have access to a service manual on this procedure?

/ 4500P hydraulic issues
Fixed. The valve plate slipped out of position during reassembly. The notch was lined up with the pin but the plate wasn't lined up with the bushing.

/ 4500P hydraulic issues #5  
Any idea of what happened to blow the seal?

prs