4500z traction control lever Jammed

/ 4500z traction control lever Jammed #1  

Andy2dotO

Tractor
Ventrac 4500Z
Just finished mowing some of the higher-angle slopes on the property, and noticed things got a little squirrely on my last trip down.

Got to level ground to clean the tractor and noticed that traction control was jammed at zero. I cannot move the lever to save my life.

Anyone had this happen? I am hoping I am just being dense instead of having to take this to the dealer.

Any pointers are appreciated.

Thanks!

/ 4500z traction control lever Jammed #2  
Just finished mowing some of the higher-angle slopes on the property, and noticed things got a little squirrely on my last trip down.

Got to level ground to clean the tractor and noticed that traction control was jammed at zero. I cannot move the lever to save my life.

Anyone had this happen? I am hoping I am just being dense instead of having to take this to the dealer.

Any pointers are appreciated.

Thanks!

Yes, mine did the same thing, they put these huge washers on it and they bind up. I removed them and put it back together and never had a problem since... If you look down inside where the spring is attached on the left front..... jim

/ 4500z traction control lever Jammed
Aha! Right you are, Jim! I fiddled with the lever and the washers and *bam* fixed.

Had to stand on my head and spit nickels to get the index plate back in there after adjusting, but once that was in, back in business.

Thanks, Jim!

/ 4500z traction control lever Jammed #4  
Aha! Right you are, Jim! I fiddled with the lever and the washers and *bam* fixed.

Had to stand on my head and spit nickels to get the index plate back in there after adjusting, but once that was in, back in business.

Thanks, Jim!

That was a engineering screw up from Ventrac, glad to see it worked out for you.... I'm dealing with an other one the stump grinder, I should have got the one from Steiner..... you can see it... lol.. jim

/ 4500z traction control lever Jammed
That was a engineering screw up from Ventrac, glad to see it worked out for you.... I'm dealing with an other one the stump grinder, I should have got the one from Steiner..... you can see it... lol.. jim

Oh. Whats doing with the stump grinder? Mines been working like a charm, but its fairly new.

/ 4500z traction control lever Jammed #6  
Oh. Whats doing with the stump grinder? Mines been working like a charm, but its fairly new.

first is the stupid mirror, what a way to work. Steiner sets theirs off to the side a little more and you can see it. Also the stand, and trying to put it on, that is the best they can do? I rented one first, I should have known better..... but I got a real good deal on one ... LOL...