5610 G , Engine stalling/dieing ?

/ 5610 G , Engine stalling/dieing ? #1  

iah

Tractor
2017 Toolcat 5610 , 2014 Toolcat 5610
I was blowing snow and engine died. At the time I was pushing moderately hard into a packed snowbank and slowly lifting blower up. The engine sounded like it bogged due to being overloaded. It is keyless ignition, it would crank but not fire. Cycled ignition and it started right up. It then did this another half dozen times over the next ten minutes, often with no significant load on the engine other that freewheeling blower and moving slowly forward or backward.

I checked for codes and "none" was displayed.

It had done this once before today, about two weeks ago. Have put an additional 15 hrs on machine over at least four different days since the first occurrence.

I plan to look machine over for loose connectors and check fuel filter and lines/hoses.
Machine came out of a warm garage (+65 F) and had only been working for about 20 minutes when problem first occurred today. Fuel tank is at about 90%.
645 hours on machine, new to me in July 2020.

Was wondering if anybody else has experienced something like this and if so did you find the cause?

/ 5610 G , Engine stalling/dieing ? #2  
   / 5610 G , Engine stalling/dieing ?
I was told by the dealer that sold me the machine that it had been serviced and all filters had been replaced. The filters that can be seen had current machine hrs (~500hrs) written on them.
I'll replace it tomorrow just to eliminate that possibility.

/ 5610 G , Engine stalling/dieing ? #4  
the cost of the filter is worth changing,

/ 5610 G , Engine stalling/dieing ? #5  
Agree with Laurencen above......if it were me, I’d start with a new fuel filter. Can’t hurt, you’ll have to put a new one in at some point.

It does sound like a fuel supply issue.

/ 5610 G , Engine stalling/dieing ?
I have added about 20 hrs to the machine since changing the fuel filter and have not had a recurrence of the problem. So the biggest take away for me is that a fuel starvation problem can cause an engine to quit running and not record any diagnostic error codes.