6400 Torsional Dampener Issues!!

/ 6400 Torsional Dampener Issues!! #11  
I guess I own one of those. Who knew? I got my PQ used, I hope this part is good for a while.

Makes no sense to me from what I can see, why this would disable the movement of the machine.
My guess is with it failed, the engine runs, but does not turn the driveshaft that connects to the transmission

/ 6400 Torsional Dampener Issues!! #12  
I'm thinking the TD didn't cause the problem or is not the problem, I'm thinking it is the result of the problem. Sounds to me like there's a transmission issue that is likely the root of all the problems.

/ 6400 Torsional Dampener Issues!! #13  
That would be my guess too. You just noticed the worn out TD.

/ 6400 Torsional Dampener Issues!! #14  
Plenty of people replacing them online. It seems the rubber will flex so long before it ruptures and gives out.

/ 6400 Torsional Dampener Issues!!
I guess I own one of those. Who knew? I got my PQ used, I hope this part is good for a while.

Makes no sense to me from what I can see, why this would disable the movement of the machine.
I am trying to figure out how it makes it stop working as well. I did look under while engine running and the shaft is still turning.

I PMed you....It sounds like you remove the right rear wheel and tilt the cab to the left after disconnecting the clutch and throttle cables etc.
Got it thanks for the help.

Well we got it fixed! It was the dampener thats it. From what we were told it was at its lifes end anyway. Tractor has 6k plus hours on it.

Had to take the Right rear tire off and tilt the cab that direction as someone said. Wasn't cheap the parts were over a grand by themselves haven't got the labor bill yet.

/ 6400 Torsional Dampener Issues!! #18  
Amazing the rubber can last that long under those loads.

/ 6400 Torsional Dampener Issues!! #19  
Any explanation why that thing had the effects it did?

/ 6400 Torsional Dampener Issues!! #20  
The rubber can only be flexed so many times so it gives out. Remember the old rubber motor mounts in car/trucks? They would only last so long.