Grading 702 Bolt-on Front Blade

/ 702 Bolt-on Front Blade #1  

Ford850

Tractor
Case DX55, Ford 850
Has anyone used the NH bolt-on front blade for snow/dirt/stone? I'd like to know how durable they are, how well they move materials, and if they are difficult to remove for loader use.

/ 702 Bolt-on Front Blade
No one has a bolt-on NH blade? Maybe that isn't my best choice.

/ 702 Bolt-on Front Blade #3  
What tractor are you trying to mount it on. I've seen the 702 and actually purchased it'smanual when I was trying to mount an old blade on my 2120. It looked too complex and too difficult to remove to go back to the loader. I just made a U shaped adapter to boltmy blade in my bucket (welded on reinforcement plates and made 2 1" holes in bucket). Given my druthers if I had a loader I would add quick attach and then be able to switch between a blade and bucket almost instantly. It is also very nice to be able to raise the blade up with the loader controls to pile snow high.

Andy

/ 702 Bolt-on Front Blade
I'm thinking of getting a TC48. That seems close to the same size as my 850. I might go smaller (tc40 or 45). I have an old front dozer blade on the 850 which works well and doesn't pull the front end off track unless the snow is really wet and over 1 foot deep. Filled tires, no chains, but that old front blade and frame must weigh over 500 lbs. My drive is 1/4 mile of gravel, with a long hill. I usually plow with the front blade down the hill, and plow with the back blade as I come back up to the house, both blades angled. 2 round trips does most of it, but I stay out and play longer, cleaning things up. I might go with the quick detach bucket and blade on the loader, but I'm concerned it will twist the loader arms and pull the tractor off track when the blade is angled. Does anyone have these problems with the blade mounted that far out front? Seems like a lot of leverage to me.

/ 702 Bolt-on Front Blade #5  
Just depends on the snow, just like hand shoveling, wetter is tougher. Most times it's great, and the pile-it-high part is very good if you get a lot of snow. I have a pickup plow power angle on a QA plate on my NH 2120 and it works just fine. 30 yrs ago had a 2wd Massey with mucho rear weight and the same kind of plow blade and that worked fine too. I think if you have enough push (traction, power) you can move most snows with that setup.
Jim