855 replacement yanmar

/ 855 replacement yanmar #1  

Hodado

Tractor
John Deere 855,John Deere M,John Deere425
I'm looking for a replacement engine for my JD 855,it exhaust manifold appears none are available has anyone swapped out for another model other than the 3TN75RJ?
I found another,same HP exhaust manifold is different not sure if anything else is different,can anyone advise?
Thanks

/ 855 replacement yanmar #2  
Your machine is basically a Yanmar in JD green paint. With that said, don't look at just Deere parts, look at the vast Yanmar parts.

The key for the exhaust manifold is to know where the muffler is plumed in.

Attached is the Yanmar 3TN75 parts manual. Look over the exhaust system. Then look around for the Yanmar parts. These parts are global, found on Yanmar tractors, excavators, Komatsu earth moving machines, Yanmar gensets, name brand gensets, Yanmar Marine diesel engines, John Deeres, Cub Cadets, and many other places like ThermoKing refer semi trailers, etc.

You don't need to swap out engines. Just get a matching exhaust manifold. ;)

The Yanmar 3TN75 to the JD 3TN75RJ version is typically a 90% or better mach up.

Manual compliments of the, Yanmar Tractor Owners Group on GroupsIO with 35+ years of community involvement. We are the largest vintage to modern Yanmar community on the web.

Attachments

• YANMAR ENGINE 3TN75 PARTS MANUAL.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 108
   / 855 replacement yanmar #3  
I'm confused. Are you needing an exhaust manifold, or a complete engine? What happened to it?

Last edited:
   / 855 replacement yanmar
I think I wasted it,I was pushing snow and the rpm dropped so I increased the throttle went a little further and the oil light flashed then it quit,behind me was a trail of oil

/ 855 replacement yanmar #5  
I think I wasted it,I was pushing snow and the rpm dropped so I increased the throttle went a little further and the oil light flashed then it quit,behind me was a trail of oil
WOW.

These Yanmar engines use 10W30 Diesel oil and J20D Hy-Gard Winter formula for cold season work. Is it possible 15W40 was in the engine and it had problems?

/ 855 replacement yanmar #6  

OK, so we need to find a RePower engine supplier for the JD855. It may take a few nights finding one with the matching engine or one that will bolt on and work from the Yanmar machines.

In what region are you because close to home saves on long distant transport costs.

/ 855 replacement yanmar #7  
Too bad to hear about the engine.

/ 855 replacement yanmar
I bought one that isn’t a exact match but I think it’s going to work.Oufit in Indiana has them brand new no core

/ 855 replacement yanmar
WOW.

These Yanmar engines use 10W30 Diesel oil and J20D Hy-Gard Winter formula for cold season work. Is it possible 15W40 was in the engine and it had problems?
Don’t know it was recently serviced when I got it back in June from a local JD dealer.never thought it would happen

/ 855 replacement yanmar #10  
Don’t know it was recently serviced when I got it back in June from a local JD dealer.never thought it would happen

Bet the engine has the ticker oil for summer use. And the hydraulics had the ticker and high viscosity oil too.

Once you get the machine all back nicely, keep in touch we can chat about season things to keep in mind and to check.

Some dealers are great, others are questionable.