A Sign of The Times

/ A Sign of The Times #11  
I got a letter last week from my insurance company. They're canceling my home owner's insurance. They claim they JUST realized that my home is on a farm. Does the fact that I have barns, a milkhouse, tractors and livestock on my policy not give them a clue? My insurance agent has been to our farm many times. He certainly knew that my house is on a farm.

The same insurance company threatened to cancel my vehicle insurance ( I have 2 pick ups, a cargo van and an SUV) because I had 3 claims for broken windshields in the past 9 years. No other claims or tickets. They said that was excessive. Why do I have glass coverage if I can't claim it????

So, I'm now shoping for a new insurance company. If all things are equal, I'll probably go with the one that the Farm Bureau supports. Maybe they'll understand what a farm is. But then again, I shouldn't be too hopeful.

Rich, I've been with Farm Bureau for over 25 yrs now and can vouch for them with what you're looking for. Though there are other choices and I'm not an agent just a customer. I will say we just had an increase (due to excessive hail claims in the past-not by us though) and that kind of hurts. I will say that a few years ago they actually had a decrease in premiums if you can believe that. I don't think they'll have a problem with covering your farm, household or autos.

Jay

/ A Sign of The Times #12  
We have been waiting for high speed internet out here for years.Verizon said next year ,nextyear.Now its FAIRPOINT and they said this summer .Wrong.Iwas lucky to find out that living up here on the hill,i could pick up wireless.It was a 200 dollar install ,but if i waited for FAIRPOINT,with all their problems,id never have it.
The wireless is awesome ,super fast ,almost instant videos,your gonna see alot more of me now:) Icertainly got alot of older threads with pics to look at,gonnna take some time.Ilove the LINKS YOU GUYS GIVE TO TRACTOR VIDEOS!Wife and kids just roll their eyes:D:D:D
ALAN

/ A Sign of The Times #13  
We have been waiting for high speed internet out here for years.Verizon said next year ,nextyear.Now its FAIRPOINT and they said this summer .Wrong.Iwas lucky to find out that living up here on the hill,i could pick up wireless.It was a 200 dollar install ,but if i waited for FAIRPOINT,with all their problems,id never have it.
The wireless is awesome ,super fast ,almost instant videos,your gonna see alot more of me now:) Icertainly got alot of older threads with pics to look at,gonnna take some time.Ilove the LINKS YOU GUYS GIVE TO TRACTOR VIDEOS!Wife and kids just roll their eyes:D:D:D
ALAN

I was wondering where you'd made off too; glad to see you're still around.
When you say wireless, are you talking about Satellite? I'd also been waiting for Fairpoint to get their act together, so I could have access at my house. (Still Waiting...)

/ A Sign of The Times #14  
We have been waiting for high speed internet out here for years.Verizon said next year ,nextyear.Now its FAIRPOINT and they said this summer .Wrong....

I got the same story from my Telco. I KNOW these guys are getting Federal and State money to provide broadband internet to rural areas, but they don't seem to actually be doing it.

/ A Sign of The Times #15  
In 1996, I had a tractor insured with Farmers and they sent a notice that the policy would not be renewed. I lived in a farming area and my agent had lots of farmers for clients and really had a tough job when Farmers Insurance Company quit insuring farm equipment.:eek:

Did they change their name to the Non-Farmers Insurance Co?:rolleyes:

/ A Sign of The Times #16  
I was wondering where you'd made off too; glad to see you're still around.
When you say wireless, are you talking about Satellite? I'd also been waiting for Fairpoint to get their act together, so I could have access at my house. (Still Waiting...)

HI,It comes from a TOWER over in FARMINGTON.The company is HUSSEY COMMUNICATIONS from WINSLOW.
ALAN

/ A Sign of The Times #17  
HI,It comes from a TOWER over in FARMINGTON.The company is HUSSEY COMMUNICATIONS from WINSLOW.
ALAN

Maybe it'll get out this way someday. The local tower is on a mountaintop about 5 miles from me.

/ A Sign of The Times #18  
Maybe it'll get out this way someday. The local tower is on a mountaintop about 5 miles from me.

Its like a radio signal,Call them they will come test the signal for you.Iwas lucky up here on the hill to get an excellent signal.Ibet im 8 miles away!
ALAN

/ A Sign of The Times #19  
Its like a radio signal,Call them they will come test the signal for you.Iwas lucky up here on the hill to get an excellent signal.Ibet im 8 miles away!
ALAN

I didn't know about Hussey Comm. Guess I never will from their website :rolleyes:
We are always on the lookout for other options. Which hill are you on 8 miles from Farmington? I am about 5 miles as the crow flies from Farmington.
Dave.