AC light blinking

/ AC light blinking #1  

Bluesteel

Gold Member
Tractor
LS MT 357HC
Has anyone ever had the amber light on the AC push button slow flash? Last fall the original compressor failed and the dealer replaced it a few weeks ago. After running the AC for a while every so often the amber light will slowly blink for a while. Air seems to remain cold. Nothing in the book. I'm going to call the dealer but was curious if anyone ever experienced this. Thanks.

/ AC light blinking #2  
You're talking about the lit up AC button on the climate control unit above your head, just for clarification??

I don't think that light means anything other than on or off. It might be the bulb is burning out. I'm usually pretty practical when it comes to preventative maintenance, but in this case, I'd just ignore it. If it burns out, or turns off, but the air is still cold, you can replace the lamp, maybe, but if the AC works, the AC works.
🤷‍♂️

/ AC light blinking
Yes, that is correct. The problem is when the light blinks the compressor clutch is cycling on and off. Can't be good on the new compressor. I talked to the dealer shortly after posting. They think it may be over charged or since the temperature has gotten much warmer the possibility of expansion causing the issue. The dealer is going to come at the end of the week and put gauges on it and see if he can get it corrected. I've decided not to run it with the constant cycling.

/ AC light blinking #4  
Bunking light means high or low side has a problem.
Fast blink is high side and slow blink is low side, for example.

/ AC light blinking #5  
Oh wow! Never heard of over charging the AC system making the light blink. But if the compressor is cycling with the light, then thats not good. Makes me think of a short or something. Symptoms of overcharging the AC usually include a lugging engine, compressor whine, and lack of cold.
Weird.

/ AC light blinking #6  
Oh wow! Never heard of over charging the AC system making the light blink. But if the compressor is cycling with the light, then thats not good. Makes me think of a short or something. Symptoms of overcharging the AC usually include a lugging engine, compressor whine, and lack of cold.
Weird.
The big Case-IH in my avatar does the fast blink/slow blink thing on the switch if the AC is acting up.

/ AC light blinking
You're talking about the lit up AC button on the climate control unit above your head, just for clarification??

I don't think that light means anything other than on or off. It might be the bulb is burning out. I'm usually pretty practical when it comes to preventative maintenance, but in this case, I'd just ignore it. If it burns out, or turns off, but the air is still cold, you can replace the lamp, maybe, but if the AC works, the AC works.
🤷‍♂️

Bunking light means high or low side has a problem.
Fast blink is high side and slow blink is low side, for example.

Thanks Dude. I think you are correct. The owners manual didn't have anything. I'll post what the dealer finds. Thanks to all again.

/ AC light blinking
Dealer came yesterday and put his gauges on the AC. We ran it for quite a while and the light never blinked once. The outside temperature was only around 66, much cooler than the 84 degree day when the issue occurred. The pressure readings were pretty much normal or if anything maybe a touch over. He slightly bled the system. The temp in the cab at the vent was close to 32*. It appears everything is working as it should. I may have to wait until the outside air temp warms back up to see if the problem has been corrected. He was not sure about the blinking light and is going to do some further checking on that. He never has seen it before.

/ AC light blinking #9  
The blinking of the air conditioner indicates errors in its operation. It warns you about the presence of malfunctions, ignoring which can lead to extremely undesirable consequences – the failure of the engine, compressor, or board. Blinking indicators are equipped with those models of home air conditioners that are equipped with a self-diagnosis system. The main reasons that I know are: data transmission between the internal and external unit is disrupted; the mains voltage is increased or decreased; the refrigerant pressure is exceeded; it goes beyond the compressor temperature; the evaporator temperature sensor is broken. I do not advise you to fix the air conditioner yourself. I can advise you marvellous.sg. They helped in their time. Good guys.

Last edited by a moderator: