Winches Added a winch to my YM2310

/ Added a winch to my YM2310 #1  

Menagerie-Manor

Gold Member
Tractor
Yanmar YM2310D John Deere LX172 Woodland Mills HM126
Decided to tackle this since I've been in creeper gear with back issues lately. Found a basic 1/4" steel winch mount and welded on some mounts to bolt up to the frame, wound up being pretty simple. Also fabbed up a mirror bracket that uses the original location and one of the many motorcycle mirrors I have stashed away.

Used a 9K winch that was collecting dust in my shop so the whole thing cost me about $100.

win1.jpgwin2.jpgwin3.jpgmir1.jpgmir2.jpg

/ Added a winch to my YM2310 #2  
Decided to tackle this since I've been in creeper gear with back issues lately. Found a basic 1/4" steel winch mount and welded on some mounts to bolt up to the frame, wound up being pretty simple. Also fabbed up a mirror bracket that uses the original location and one of the many motorcycle mirrors I have stashed away.

Used a 9K winch that was collecting dust in my shop so the whole thing cost me about $100.

View attachment 714280View attachment 714281View attachment 714282View attachment 714283View attachment 714284

Dang, that mirror looks PERFECTLY OEM.

So, are you now in the business of producing a few hundred mirror mounts? :)

/ Added a winch to my YM2310 #4  

View attachment 714280View attachment 714281View attachment 714282View attachment 714283View attachment 714284
I like that winch set up. Good job! Your posting caused me to look at my 2310 to see if I could mount my extra winch the same way. No dice. The Bulldog 285 FEL on my tractor uses the same space for its front mounting that your winch uses. Still, this winter when the power steering gets installed, I'm gonna see if I can mount a winch similar to yours. My extra winch is a Ramsey 8000 lb winch. What is your winch capacity? I'm thinking 8000 lb pull might be a little over the top.
Eric

/ Added a winch to my YM2310
I like that winch set up. Good job! Your posting caused me to look at my 2310 to see if I could mount my extra winch the same way. No dice. The Bulldog 285 FEL on my tractor uses the same space for its front mounting that your winch uses. Still, this winter when the power steering gets installed, I'm gonna see if I can mount a winch similar to yours. My extra winch is a Ramsey 8000 lb winch. What is your winch capacity? I'm thinking 8000 lb pull might be a little over the top.
Eric
I had the 9K Engo winch collecting dust in the shop but given a choice I probably would have used a smaller unit like a 3500# atv winch or something similar

Check out the link, great universal mount that could be used in numerous ways. .

Last edited:
   / Added a winch to my YM2310 #6  
I had the 9K Engo winch collecting dust in the shop but given a choice I probably would have used a smaller unit like a 3500# atv winch or something similar.

I have the Harbor Freight 2500 winch. It was a mere $4 on a BF sale. :) It's on the H-F mounting plate too. This way, I can bolt it on the front of the tractor or at the rear of the tractor. The quick connect electrical connectors makes the swap really easy. There are times where you can't turn the tractor around and use the winch, thus having it dual location adaptable wins.

/ Added a winch to my YM2310 #7  
A friend of mine use to buy those HF 2500 pound winches to turn logs on his sawmill. That really isn't that hard of a job on a winch, but those junk winches didn't last long at all. After replacing them several times, he FINALLY gave up on them. lol

I have a 3500 pound HF winch and it looks to be MUCH better made...

SR

/ Added a winch to my YM2310 #8  
A friend of mine use to buy those HF 2500 pound winches to turn logs on his sawmill. That really isn't that hard of a job on a winch, but those junk winches didn't last long at all. After replacing them several times, he FINALLY gave up on them. lol

I have a 3500 pound HF winch and it looks to be MUCH better made...

SR

I've used it without issues to literally pull the tractor up onto a trailer without the tractor running. The idea was to test the winch out to see IF it could do this. It did great. Should I ever need to service the machine elsewhere and it's not running, the H-F 2500 winch can do the job.

I've also pulled a 1,000-lbs calf out of a mucky pond that was chest deep into it. The wireless remote made things super easy. I can be by the calf to help and push the button. :)

Several times in really tight places that the tractor can't fit, the winch can pull the fence puller before clipping and stapling the fence totally up.

If the 2500 winch ever breaks, I have a 580W 12VDC motor to replace it in the same diameter can as the existing motor.

/ Added a winch to my YM2310 #9  
I didn't say his don't work, I said they didn't last real long... Also, I'm not sure it was the motor that went out on them...

When I was there, the one on his mill was making noise, when I commented on it, he said it already was the third one that he bought.

SR