Adding a grapple at time of purchase vs adding later

/ Adding a grapple at time of purchase vs adding later #11  
I agree on finding a used on, tough to find and most tractor implements in general are hard to find in my area used in good shape at a good price.

/ Adding a grapple at time of purchase vs adding later #12  
Installing the Bobcat kit will be straight forward because it will include exact fittings required, correct length hoses and instructions with pictures.

Installing third party will likely save some money, but more thought will be required to fit it to your tractor and extra trips to the store when things don’t fit as planned.

For my CT2025 I installed the backhoe subframe and hydraulics. This saved me $750 ($500 off backhoe price, and linked throttle pedal kit thrown in which was about $250 parts only). There were 32 bolts and 3 hydraulic connections, the afternoon it took was well worth $750 and I got to know my new tractor a little better while doing it.

/ Adding a grapple at time of purchase vs adding later #13  
Look at auctions for a grapple. I purchased mine from Richie Brothers auction. Was brand new

/ Adding a grapple at time of purchase vs adding later
Look at auctions for a grapple. I purchased mine from Richie Brothers auction. Was brand new
I am watching two on RB. :) Based on the RB history, they seem to be going for about 2-3x more than what my brother paid on RB a year ago... but still decent deals. It seems like the ones that RB calls ALL-STAR are actually wildkat's. Not really any used ones (which makes sense base on the previous comment that no-one lets go of them), but all the ALL-STAR ones. I suspect the point of renaming them is to make it hard to do a price comparison.

/ Adding a grapple at time of purchase vs adding later #15  
Yes, the one I purchased at RB in Fort Worth was an All-Start one. Works well for me. I think I paid $800 for it. Half of what a new one would cost.

Attachments

• STARINDUSTRIES_3_skid-steer_06-root-grapple (1).pdf
    271.2 KB · Views: 47
   / Adding a grapple at time of purchase vs adding later #16  
Then again you could always get one of these:
You don't even need to take off your bucket!
You could have the hoses etc installed from dealer
and not purchase the grapple or you can purchase
the kits to install your own

willy

/ Adding a grapple at time of purchase vs adding later #17  
Apologies for a slight deviation, but my question is related. Anyone know if installing a kit yourself, whether a brand kit or a third party, impacts the warranty? Maybe it's dealer dependent? Thank you.