Aftermarket stereo install in an NX cab

/ Aftermarket stereo install in an NX cab #21  
I am installing a radio and LED's in my new DK4210. Can you tell me what brand your LEDs are?
Have you experienced any radio interference with the LEDs on?
Thanks in advance.
John E.

John---I have LEDs on my cab. Radio doesn't work with them on. However, I knew this going into it. Lights are cheap. I think you can buy more expensive ones that emit less EMF, or you may be able to work up something to protect the radio. Or, you could just forego the radio at night.

/ Aftermarket stereo install in an NX cab #22  
Guess my DVD player would really distract you.

/ Aftermarket stereo install in an NX cab #23  
I appreciate you taking the time to pull this thread together and linking to the other thread in the initial post. The info there helped me install an aftermarket radio without a problem.

In my case, my phone doesn't have a headphone jack so while there is an aux input I wanted to add a radio that has bluetooth. Since I was buying one, I figured why not add the capability for a rear camera? I bought a cheap harness and radio on ebay. (we'll see how it works)

Cheap Harness: Metra 70-7712 1995-2004 Honda and Isuzu Radio Wire Harness TurboWires 86429021581 | eBay = $7.50

Cheap Bluetooth Radio: Single 1DIN 4.1" Car Stereo Radio Bluetooth FM MP5 Player USB Head Unit + Camera | eBay = $63

I wired up the harness tonight and tested the radio to confirm it powers on and connected to my phone. (it does) I need to work on the harness to get the reverse camera setup in place (then I'll decide if I want to use the one that came with the radio, or buy a better one.)

Between work and grad school I am slammed for time. While I have the capabilities to build this myself I ponied up some cash for expediency and purchased this surround mounting bracket (should be here soon)

Attachments

• cheap-radio.png
    cheap-radio.png
    6.3 MB · Views: 103
Last edited:
   / Aftermarket stereo install in an NX cab #24  
I installed a mechless (no CD) BT/USB/AUX receiver that is very light and shallow. I just installed just like you would in a car with the included cage. I mainly wanted phone, radio and mp3 music streaming to the unit. The thing I didn't expect was that I can still connect to my wifi router while on my 7 acres so I can listen to SIRUS radio via the phone app.

/ Aftermarket stereo install in an NX cab #25  
I am installing a radio and LED's in my new DK4210. Can you tell me what brand your LEDs are?
Have you experienced any radio interference with the LEDs on?
I've found that ferrite beads help with radio interference from LED lights. Run the power lead to the light(s) and maybe the radio too thru them, loop it a couple times if you can. Might take some experimentation to get the right combination/placement. Made a huge difference with the LED fog lights I put on my Jeep.

Guess this is old school response but my tractor activities require my attention to the task. A radio is a distraction, even in repetitive mowing, the mower is always in both mirrors or monitored by eye contact.
I'm with you, I find it distracting while I'm working too. I'd rather be paying attention to the sounds associated with whatever I'm doing.