Agco ST35X (Iseki engine) - where's the PTO controls?

/ Agco ST35X (Iseki engine) - where's the PTO controls? #1  

jbookshaw

Tractor
Agco ST35X
Hello,

We're beginning farmers who bought a small farm with 3 compact tractors in disrepair. A neighbor picked out a "new better" tractor for us and we bought it: Agco ST35X. I've only used it for a few hours so far, but mostly I'm pleased. Now I went to hook up an implement to the PTO for the first time and I'm totally baffled.

There is a PTO drive coming out the back of the tractor, but I can't find any PTO controls around the operator's seat. I looked in the Operator's Manual, and it clearly shows a "PTO Control Switch" just to the left of the steering column on the dash. On my tractor, there's no switch. No indication there ever was a switch there. Just flat plastic.

I've looked around the operator's seat, and I know what every other switch and lever is. There's nothing for the PTO! What am I missing? On our older Yanmar tractor, there was a big PTO lever with 4 speeds. Now there's no controls at all?

The manual also describes a "Rear PTO Selector" in back, next to the drive. It is supposed to have 2 positions "forward" meaning the 540 rear PTO is selected, and "Neutral" position when the drive is disengaged. Okay, I feel stupid, but the lever can be pushed Down an inch or two, and back up. Which way is "forward"? I turned the engine on and tried to engage the PTO with that lever, but it didn't move in either position.

The manual says "Rear PTO selector lever is used with PTO control switch on instrument panel." But there's no switch on the instrument panel. I feel crazy!

Anybody have any ideas?
Thanks