Air tank from retired air compressor for $15 πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ

/ Air tank from retired air compressor for $15 πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ #1  

jkk04

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 410 backhoe, MF 30 industrial tractor, IH TD-14 dozer, New Holland TZ24DA
Recently. I have upgraded the air compressor due to the 10 years old 8-gallon Harbor freight compressor died.

However, I needed a portable air tank for inflating the tractor tires that could be flat in an emergency situation.

So, resurrecting the tank from a retired old compressor.

The total cost for an extra air tank is about $15.

IIt is so convenient for emergency flat tire refilling.
Jkim

/ Air tank from retired air compressor for $15 πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ #2  
Not to rain on your parade, please take this as advice and not a critique. Be sure to check the interior of the tank for corrosion and add a pressure relief. Blown up air tanks aren't pretty:
blown up air tanks - Google Search
1670271637084.png

1670271679676.png
1670271701013.png

/ Air tank from retired air compressor for $15 πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ
Not to rain on your parade, please take this as advice and not a critique. Be sure to check the interior of the tank for corrosion and add a pressure relief. Blown up air tanks aren't pretty:
Yes, it could be happening in rare cases.
Anyway, human life is at risk every day, πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯
but it's better to be careful in that case.
Thanks for your comments. πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

/ Air tank from retired air compressor for $15 πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ #5  
That's interesting. I might give that a go if i come up with a spare tank.

My advice would be for a few dollars more go out and buy a tank purposely designed for your use.

IMG_5582.jpg

/ Air tank from retired air compressor for $15 πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ #6  
I did the same thing but finally bought one also. The old compressor tank is pretty heavy and awkward but it does hold a lot of air.

/ Air tank from retired air compressor for $15 πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ #7  
View attachment 773305

View attachment 773306 View attachment 773307
Family had a 20gal tank up in there shop attic for about 15yrs..we went to take it down and found it had about 15gal of water in it..out of sight out of mind I guess. We used that compressor for years more until the bottom of the tank was leaking so bad the compressor would hardly turn off. So not all rusty tanks are going to explode like they have been over pressured like I bet alot of these have been.