All Things BBQ

/ All Things BBQ #61  
8 hours? For a chicken? I guess the skin holds it together. Wornder what temp that cooks at?
It was cooked at 200 degrees. It had a nice subtle red smoke line in the meat. With it being brined, I don't even think it's possible to dry it out.

What's nice about spatchcocking, is you can almost choose how long you want to cook it. Turn the temp up and grill it and be done quickly, go low and slow, or pick anything in between. I always use a Thermopro temperature pen and make sure I'm about 170 degrees in the thickest part.

/ All Things BBQ #62  
Spatchcocking? I've been doing that my whole life and never heard a name attached to it. That's a split chicken to me. I've been deboning most of my chickens for quite a while now. We like that much better. Nothing like a whole deboned chicken. I still would never cook a chicken 8 hours. I'm sure it was done.

/ All Things BBQ #63  
Spatchcocking? I've been doing that my whole life and never heard a name attached to it. That's a split chicken to me. I've been deboning most of my chickens for quite a while now. We like that much better. Nothing like a whole deboned chicken. I still would never cook a chicken 8 hours. I'm sure it was done.
It wasn't cooked for 8-hours, it was smoked for 8-hours, and it was perfection, not overcooked at all. I just ate the last of it last night.