Allis Chalmers 170. Hasn't been cranked in 5 years. Need to sell.

/ Allis Chalmers 170. Hasn't been cranked in 5 years. Need to sell. #1  

Ronwalker

Tractor
Allis Chalmers 170
How is the best way to sell a tractor that's been sitting up for at least 5 years. It's an Allis Chalmers 170.

/ Allis Chalmers 170. Hasn't been cranked in 5 years. Need to sell. #3  
Agree. Do whatever is necessary to get it running. If I were to buy something that wouldn't start, I would value it at something between parts value and scrap metal value.

/ Allis Chalmers 170. Hasn't been cranked in 5 years. Need to sell. #4  
get it running. cant be that hard.

/ Allis Chalmers 170. Hasn't been cranked in 5 years. Need to sell. #5  
Agree. Do whatever is necessary to get it running. If I were to buy something that wouldn't start, I would value it at something between parts value and scrap metal value.

This.

Unless I was best friends with the guy and had spent time at on and around the tractor it MIGHT be different.

Otherwise….. I’m not paying much.

/ Allis Chalmers 170. Hasn't been cranked in 5 years. Need to sell. #6  
You are so right. I actually went to look at a tractor that was "as is". I asked to see it run and the seller could not start it. The machine looked good and was underpriced, if it would run. I left without the machine.

/ Allis Chalmers 170. Hasn't been cranked in 5 years. Need to sell. #7  
I'll give you $50 sight unseen!

You deliver to my place.!

/ Allis Chalmers 170. Hasn't been cranked in 5 years. Need to sell. #8  
To the OP, can you post some close up pics of it ?

/ Allis Chalmers 170. Hasn't been cranked in 5 years. Need to sell. #9  
I have one, if I can be of assistance please let me know.

Best,

ed

/ Allis Chalmers 170. Hasn't been cranked in 5 years. Need to sell. #10  
From a selling standpoint, the difference between having "tractor parts for sale" and a "tractor for sale" is when you start it up.