Aluminum Bellhousing ?

/ Aluminum Bellhousing ? #11  
   / Aluminum Bellhousing ? #14  
Not exactly correct. off road vehicles with aluminum bellhousings are subject to twisting, much more so than a tractor where all the drive components (except the front axle) are solid mounted. If you are stressing a bellhousing on a tractor to the failure point, you are twisting the frame and that is abuse.

Most tractors don’t have a frame and the the casing is the frame.

/ Aluminum Bellhousing ? #15  
If you are stressing a bellhousing on a tractor to the failure point, you are twisting the frame and that is abuse.

Tractors with mid mount frt end loaders stress clutch housing when bucket is utilized/loaded without the need to twist the frame by utilizing the fulcrum affect

/ Aluminum Bellhousing ? #16  
"irregardless" isn't a word, but I'll let you slide this time! lol

SR

From Merriam & Webster

Frequently Asked Questions About irregardless

Is irregardless a word?

Yes. It may not be a word that you like, or a word that you would use in a term paper, but irregardless certainly is a word. It has been in use for well over 200 years, employed by a large number of people across a wide geographic range and with a consistent meaning. That is why we, and well-nigh every other dictionary of modern English, define this word. Remember that a definition is not an endorsement of a word’s use.

/ Aluminum Bellhousing ? #17  
Nothing wrong with aluminum bell housings, they use alloy to help strengthen it. It must be engineered right with the correct reinforcement at the higher stressed points. Truthfully I have seen more fractiures and breaks on cast steel or iron.

The place I dont trust aluminum is where you have fluctuations in temperature that are high to low, like the new high efficiency furnaces and boilers. Cast Iron is much better in those applications.

/ Aluminum Bellhousing ? #18  
Most tractors don稚 have a frame and the the casing is the frame.

Yeah except Most of the CUT's being sold today...

I would choose a cast steel/Iron front axle cradle given a choice over a welded up steel structure...

Conversely I would choose a welded up steel support structure for the FEL mount versus cast ones since there have been a few broken castings of this part featured on TBN and when warranty wouldn't cover it they weren't cheap.

Maybe somebody has broken a cast front axle cradle on this site , but i can't remember seeing one.

Have seen a few broken cracked front welded axle cradle and updated versions- along with engine shim kits since the clearances were incorrect on TBN