Amazingly accurate but inexpensive inclinometer

/ Amazingly accurate but inexpensive inclinometer #11  
Commercial and better loaders use a link or four link curl arms to improve articulation and power.
View attachment 745069
Those seem to help more curling down to dump but do little to curl up. There has been other threads with people wishing they had more up curl to better hold their load. It just seems like it is a design trend.

/ Amazingly accurate but inexpensive inclinometer
You are correct, I did not say the kind of work I would be doing.
Eric

Those seem to help more curling down to dump but do little to curl up. There has been other threads with people wishing they had more up curl to better hold their load. It just seems like it is a design trend.
Too bad my tractor doesn't have this feature. So I will be adding 2 new bushings that will change the pivot point about 2 inches. I think this will result in about 11 more degrees of tilt. Already the bucket has tons of dump and goes way past hanging straight down.
Eric

/ Amazingly accurate but inexpensive inclinometer #14  
iPhone / iPad app Angle Pro

85D0F1E0-1DF2-4A94-A94E-32373F186555.png

Attachments

• EAAD26DD-5878-48D1-BB60-0FDCD67DDADE.png
    EAAD26DD-5878-48D1-BB60-0FDCD67DDADE.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 56
Do you know how accurate your ipad is? I imagine that pretty much all of these devices use the same or similar MEMS device to measure angles. I know a little about how the things work and the circuitry that is used to condition the signal from the MEMS device which makes me think the accuracy will be close to the same for these devices. But I don't know.
Eric

/ Amazingly accurate but inexpensive inclinometer #16  
Too bad my tractor doesn't have this feature. So I will be adding 2 new bushings that will change the pivot point about 2 inches. I think this will result in about 11 more degrees of tilt. Already the bucket has tons of dump and goes way past hanging straight down.
Eric
It sounds like a good plan. (y)

/ Amazingly accurate but inexpensive inclinometer #17  
Kubota publishes good articulation diagrams of their loaders. The TLBs always had a little more range, strength and angle. Made a big difference when doing grade work. Also better at manure barn clean out, composting and caming yourself out when stuck.

May consider changing your bucket attachment points instead of the loader? Could even use another bucket to practice. Less risk and easier fabrication. Could even incorporate ssqa.

Changed my M5030 to bobtach ssqa years ago. Simply welded a ssqa plate to the pin on bucket gussets. Lost a little rollback which was noticeable. The gusset plates could have been trimmed before welding on the ssqa plate to fix but never got around to changing. 90% of the time used a grapple.

Kubota publishes good articulation diagrams of their loaders. The TLBs always had a little more range, strength and angle. Made a big difference when doing grade work. Also better at manure barn clean out, composting and caming yourself out when stuck.

May consider changing your bucket attachment points instead of the loader? Could even use another bucket to practice. Less risk and easier fabrication. Could even incorporate ssqa.

Changed my M5030 to bobtach ssqa years ago. Simply welded a ssqa plate to the pin on bucket gussets. Lost a little rollback which was noticeable. The gusset plates could have been trimmed before welding on the ssqa plate to fix but never got around to changing. 90% of the time used a grapple.
Q