Anchor points for B2710 on trailer

/ Anchor points for B2710 on trailer #1  

Von

Veteran Member, Advertiser
Tractor
Kubota B2710
I figured out a way to hold down my tractor without scratching up the paint. I use two clevises, one from the drawbar in the rear, and one from the front frame. Works great and I'm not rapping the chain around the loader or frame like I did on my old tractor. (see photo attached)

18-30445-von.gif

Attachments

• 2-54264-trailered.jpg
    2-54264-trailered.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 287
   / Anchor points for B2710 on trailer #2  
Von,

Looks like a pretty clean setup you have.

I was wondering what you use to pull your trailer and B2710.

Rob

/ Anchor points for B2710 on trailer
Rob,
I use the wife's Jeep Grand Cherokee with 4L. I don't go very far and only do it about 6-8 times a year. Just take the tractor from home to our Antique shop to cut the grass and regrade the parking lot.

18-30445-von.gif

/ Anchor points for B2710 on trailer #4  
I was just curious because I have it in the back of my mind to someday get a trailer, and I've been thinking about tow vehicles too - your B2710 has a couple hundred pounds on my B2410, but it is pretty close. Counting the weight of the tractor, FEL, rotary cutter and trailer you must be at around 5000 lb, right?

Rob,
A figure about 4700 lbs. with everything, but I leave the rotory cutter at the shop, so that brings it closer to 4200lbs. I wouldn't want to tow with the jeep every day, but for what I do it works out just fine.

18-30445-von.gif

/ Anchor points for B2710 on trailer #6  
Von
The set up looks clean.
I too was concerned about paint damage during the hauling tie down process.
I was also concerned about strain on the tractor and the trailer (tandum axle 7,000 cap) so I use tie down straps.
I bought them at Home Depot each is rated for 500+ and I use six on the tractor and one on the 3-pt equipment if any.
The tractor gets tied down with four hooked up to the rear wheel rims. Two pulling forward two backward. The two on the front hook onto the frame at the already present holes.
If you have every pulled out a vehicle using a chain you can appreciate the jarring that goes on, which is also occurring with your tie down chain.
The staps don't rust or rattle and neither do the metal hooks which are plastic coated.
The other advantage is the ability to increase the safety through multiple (6) fastening points which also spreads the load and strain to the trailer and tractor more evenly.
Give it some thought.
Your bare Bota is about 400 lbs heavier than my BX but seeing how 6 straps are good for 3000+ lbs you should be OK.
Next time I have her loaded I'll post a picture of her.
Happy trailering to you, until we meet again!

Bx2200-(Altered,-Crop).jpg

Winnipeg, Manitoba
freebie-maple-leaf.gif

2001 BX2200 All Kubota FEL, Tiller, box blade, blower w/elec shute, 60 mid mt deck, Ag tires.
Grey market B7000 w/Tiller (120 hrs)
1984 JD 316 after 687 hrs.

Woodstock,
I wouldn't trust my "baby" to a 500# strap, no matter how many! I would rethink your method of tie down. I don't think that you can add up the working load limit of all your straps to achieve the total of your tractor. Even a 2" strap that has a web breaking strength of 10,000lbs. only has a working load limit of 3000 lbs. While the chain I use has a breaking strength of 5400lbs. Better to be safe than sorry. By using two chains, one pulling from the front and one from the rear. I get no movement, and with the load binders the tires are squating right down. The tractor becomes part of the trailer this way. I use 2" straps for the loader bucket and any implement on the back of the tractor. Check the Northern catalog for a full line of straps and their load limits.

18-30445-von.gif

/ Anchor points for B2710 on trailer #8  
My God Von???!!! That's the cleanest used tractor I've ever seen. I wish I had the determination to keep mine that clean! However, I may now that I've cleaned up a place in the garage for it. Thanks for the pix, I've got to get a trailer for mine, also a 2710, with a hoe. I've got a Chev. 1/2 ton, with 350 . Got to spec. out a trailer...proper weight etc...