Grading Angle blade on TC40DA

/ Angle blade on TC40DA #1  

Jacob

Hi - thanks to all who advised re. NH vs. JD. I'm now considering a TC40DA and discussing implements.

I'm looking to run an aggattach 6412 3' trencher behind and now want a blade on front for backfilling trenches.

I've seen the 702C/D blades, but I'm wondering how much dirt I can expect to push with it? Say I trench up fairly rocking ground, will I be able to run back along the trench and backfill with a tc40da and a blade??

J.

/ Angle blade on TC40DA #2  
Hi Jacob! Welcome to TBN! If you get the TC40D with the front blade, you may be one of the first to use what is a new product from NH, so you may get to tell all of us how well it works as a mini-dozer! The more typical setup is to have a front-end loader and some kind of rear blade. Probably hundreds of TBN users with tractors of all sizes are equipped like that.

Just going by the information from the NH web site, this blade looks sort of like a really heavy-duty version of the snowplow attachments you see on a pickup or 4x4. It's definitely heavier, and has some cutting ability, so you should be able to do some light grading and backfilling with it.

However, I am thinking a front-end loader might be more versatile in combination with your rear-mounted trencher, although it is also more costly, I'm sure. The FEL would allow you to scoop material by the bucketful rather than just spread it like the blade would do. You could break into a packed mound of material, for instance with the FEL, where the blade would not be as effective. I have found the FEL does a great job in backfill situations, and allows very precise placement of material.

The comparision is speculative on my part, however, since I've never seen the NH blade, much less used one. You should see if a New Holland dealer has one that he will let you demo vs. the FEL before deciding for yourself.

/ Angle blade on TC40DA
Thanks, I've done some more research, so here's my latest thinking:

First I should say that the reason I'm not getting a FEL is b/c I lucky enough to already have a very nice backhoe (jcb 214S - I highly recommend it!)

However, the angle blade has one unique feature vs. a FEL, viz. that it can angle which is what you really need for shifting material sideways..

Looking into the NH blade and talking to my dealer, we agreed that these CUTs are not going to do a good job pushing a lot of material - they are more glorifying snowplows as you say. Also, I also really wanted tilt of the blade (ie 3 way blade), which the front mounted does not have.

So now I'm looking at getting a 4 way rear mounted blade: up and down action is by hitch, 1 cylinder for angling, and 1 cylinder for tilting, and finally sideways shifting for reaching further outside wheel is manual. Sound like a great blade and I should get a quote tomorrow...

good night guys...

/ Angle blade on TC40DA #4  
720 is considered a dozer blade so go for it

/ Angle blade on TC40DA #5  
Not sure what the price difference would be but if you have the three remotes in the rear already installed go ahead and get the 6 way rear blade 7 ft. We use on our TC 45D and it works great pleanty of weight to cut or finish grade and you don't have to be close to the trench if you sidesift it off a ways. Your money, my 2cents. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Angle blade on TC40DA #7  
There is a new #702 Front Blade from New Holland shown on the New Holland web site.