Annual On/Off Front Weights - Hurt back...no more!

/ Annual On/Off Front Weights - Hurt back...no more! #1  

9973720wb19

Platinum Member
Tractor
Many
The 12 front suitcase weights (JD 5 series ) come off in the winter to install the loader & Snow Blade...and for the mowing season, loader comes off (I know it's weight but I don't like mowing with the loader arms on) and weights back on. Every year after on/off task - (now at 61yrs old) I jack my lower back up for a few days. so I'm going to try this...PS: you'll need a Skid Steer. and...any type of electric (a pump type engine hoist would take too long) hoist. I added this forklift stabilizer bar with a bottom center hook. I figure to pull my SS near the front of the tractor, raise the fork lift and winch up one weight at a time.

/ Annual On/Off Front Weights - Hurt back...no more! #2  
I only take the loader off for the local tractor pull. Otherwise i only take the QA bucket or pallet forks off.

/ Annual On/Off Front Weights - Hurt back...no more! #3  
I'm with you, pal. 65 here, and just had more neck fusion surgery, plus lower back surgery years ago. I plan on using this spine for years to come, so it isn't lifting any more implements or attachments, ever.

I park my tractor in a paved bay in the pole barn, and I have an ibeam-trolley-chain house system in there good for 1000 lbs. I have a couple of little 500 lb ratcheting chain lifts, too, hanging from strategic points. I can lift all my attachments front and rear. Not only that, but an attachment free to swing on a chain is much easier to line up pins or ssqa mounts, as it will move at least a couple inches in any direction with little effort. I can even do this with my 800 lb ballast box filled with steel and concrete.

I even have my boom pole on a pulley block set, and it probably only weighs 50 lbs or so.