Another reason for CLOSED CABS.

/ Another reason for CLOSED CABS. #51  

/ Another reason for CLOSED CABS. #52  
Yucky !!!:thumbdown:

/ Another reason for CLOSED CABS. #53  

If they have established on Vancouver Island (only 1 colony was found and eradicated) it is only a matter of time before they spread across the continent to any place with a temperature range favorable to them. Two hornets were found late last year in Blaine WA which is 20 mile flight from Vancouver Island so it is doubtful they were from the eradicated Vancouver Island colony. If they can fly that far it would be an easy task for them to island hop across the San Juan islands to the mainland with no flight being longer than 5 miles. The State was going to set out traps for them this spring, but I don't know if they have with the much smaller bug causing so many problems these days.

/ Another reason for CLOSED CABS. #54  
That makes twice a close cab saved me. The other time I was clearing some mesquite trees with a closed cab skid steer.
I pushed forward with the grapple to make a grab and as I pushed forward the thick brack slipped off the grapple and snapped back like a mousetrap.

It hit that windshield so hard the sound alone scared the heck out of me. Had that windshield not been there - who knows.

radios1 - good point. I need to see if I can get a dead one to check it out. Quite frankly I'm scared to death to even go near that patch now. I've never seen bees so aggressive and chase something for so long, they were relentless.

Another point why I get cabs is I would always get dust pneumonia after working with an open can even though I had a mask. I'd work the day then spend the next week coughing my brains out.

Just some advice for the guys that are on the fence when it comes to cabs. I have to give kudos to the guys I see on youtube in an open can late at night plowing the snow of snow blowing the snow in freezing temps with a high windchill. I don't know how you guys do that.

Probably a large old established yellow jacket nest. Some of those get very large the size of a Queen or King size mattress.

"Skunks eat yellow jackets

Raccoons and Skunks

Raccoons will sniff out the insects' nests at night, dig up the nests and eat the yellow jackets. Skunks play a key role in curbing yellow jacket populations. Like raccoons, skunks ferret out yellow jacket nests in the night."