Any Mitsubishi K3B Engine Owners out there?

/ Any Mitsubishi K3B Engine Owners out there? #1  

Lil Foot

Tractor
Kubota B7100DT
I am trying to find out where the block coolant drain is located on a Mitsubishi K3B 3 cylinder diesel engine.
Mine is so dirty and has such limited access, that I will probably never find it with out some direction.
Wish I had some manuals for this thing.
Thanks in advance.
Bill

/ Any Mitsubishi K3B Engine Owners out there? #2  
I don't know where you'll find the block drain. I always just pulled the lower radiator hose. You may be able to get the information you need or perhaps even a manual at Valley Power

/ Any Mitsubishi K3B Engine Owners out there?
Lower radiator hose has been pulled, but appears to be about halfway up the block. Not sure how much of the old coolant is left, but I'd like to flush some water through to remove any sediment from low spots. If all else fails, I might vaccum it out & then flush with water, then vacuum again.

I will contact Valley Power, thanks for the link.

/ Any Mitsubishi K3B Engine Owners out there? #4  
I run that same engine in my CUT.
Did that procedure couple years ago.
Like suggested, pull lower rad hose and how about flushing with your garden hose?
Next your auto part store can sell U a flushing liquid which is a caustic mix so you'll still need flushing B4 adding coolant.

/ Any Mitsubishi K3B Engine Owners out there? #5  
I have a K4E engine in my mini-ex. Might be similar. Block coolant drain is right above the dipstick, which is the hose you see behind the fuel line. The filter you see is a coolant filter.

20130730_165937.jpg

/ Any Mitsubishi K3B Engine Owners out there? #6  
When you're flushing try reverse flushing with the garden hose. That is, put the hose in the top of the engine to flush gunk out the bottom. You may be surprised how much crud is in there.

/ Any Mitsubishi K3B Engine Owners out there?
With help from another forum, I found the drain. Block has been drained & flushed. It was surprisingly clean.

Attachments

• drainarrow.jpg
    drainarrow.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 87
   / Any Mitsubishi K3B Engine Owners out there? #8  
With help from another forum, I found the drain. Block has been drained & flushed. It was surprisingly clean.
Yep. Exactly where mine is on the K4E. I installed a quarter turn valve and a hose going down.

/ Any Mitsubishi K3B Engine Owners out there? #9  
K4F is the same.