Anyone heard of Lone Star trailers?

/ Anyone heard of Lone Star trailers? #1  

houser52

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota M7060HD, Kubota L3600
I’ve been looking for a deck over trailer to use to haul rolls of hay. I was looking for either a PJ or Big Tex 18’ or 20’ tag along but seems like nobody has one locally. Today I stopped at a farm equipment dealer and he had a used 2006, Lone Star brand, 18’ deck over, tag along, dovetail with slide out ramps and a 10,000# GVWR for $5500. Trailer looks pretty good, not beat up but might need tires later. He also gave me a good trade in price on a couple of Hudson trailers that I have.

Anybody have a Lone Star trailer that they can comment on? Good, bad, price or anything?

/ Anyone heard of Lone Star trailers? #2  
Lone Star is across the road from Big Tex, beside Texas Bragg. All of them come from Mt pleasant. I've used all three. Nothing bad to say.

/ Anyone heard of Lone Star trailers? #3  
Solid trailers - I've even seen a few here in Canada

/ Anyone heard of Lone Star trailers?
Thanks for the info from you both.

Since the trailer is used and I have done business with the dealer before, I may go back and see if he will let me pull it down the highway and maybe load it with hay. I hope it will hold 8 rolls on the floor with 3 on the top.

/ Anyone heard of Lone Star trailers? #5  
They're as good as the good ones are. Because they are one of the good ones.

/ Anyone heard of Lone Star trailers? #6  
Being an older 2006 model it may be a decent trailer. Look it over closely and hopefully you can test it first. I'm sorry to say over the last couple years of researching and shopping for a 30' GN. The Lone Star trailers have usually had very poor comments. I don't know if their quality declined or if it was never considered very good.

For what it's worth, Big Tex appears to have really dropped in quality the last few years by all reports I've seen. I have a 2016 10LX Big Tex dump trailer and it has been trouble free and worked flawlessly so far.

/ Anyone heard of Lone Star trailers?
I still haven’t made a decision on the used Lone Star and now there’s another option.
A dealer about a hour away has a new 2022, 20’ Currahee tag along, 12000#, dove tail, fold down ramps for $6700. That’s only $1200 more than the used Lone Star. Theres also very little info or reviews out there for the Currahee but I did find out that it’s made in GA and has had mixed reviews.

/ Anyone heard of Lone Star trailers? #8  
I had been looking for a 20+5 deckover gooseneck for about 2 months. Everything out there has cost as much or more than new.
I found a new one, Double G, for a cheaper than a lot of the used ones. They are made in TN. 20+5 gooseneck, deckover, 14,000lb, self cleaning dove, fold flat ramps, spare tire mounted on swing down mount, all LED, 12" beam, 16"oc cross braces. Raining when I brought it home and raining all day. If it clears up tomorrow I post up some photos.