Anyone know of a source for identification on antique rototillers?

/ Anyone know of a source for identification on antique rototillers? #1  

Retiredguy2

Gold Member
Tractor
Deere 4410
Stopped at a yard sale today and scored an antique rototiller with a Briggs engine for $10...old type, very heavy and way overbuilt....100% steel and no plastic at all...I think it is about mid-1960's vintage or older. If I could figure out how to post an image from my phone I would. No tine shield of any type and it has a pair of wide spread handlebars...I would love to be able to identify the make and year. Yes I checked out Ebay...nothing there illustrates my find. To give you an idea of how old it may be, it has the type of engine kill switch where you snap a tab over to ground the plug. Thanks.

/ Anyone know of a source for identification on antique rototillers? #2  
Stopped at a yard sale today and scored an antique rototiller with a Briggs engine for $10...old type, very heavy and way overbuilt....100% steel and no plastic at all...I think it is about mid-1960's vintage or older. If I could figure out how to post an image from my phone I would. No tine shield of any type and it has a pair of wide spread handlebars...I would love to be able to identify the make and year. Yes I checked out Ebay...nothing there illustrates my find. To give you an idea of how old it may be, it has the type of engine kill switch where you snap a tab over to ground the plug. Thanks.

What engine is on it Bill?

/ Anyone know of a source for identification on antique rototillers?
What engine is on it Bill?

Thanks for asking, murphy1244....I started searching online for older tillers with a 2.5-3 hp Briggs and the search turned up an image of a 1961 Simplicity Roticul 3 hp tiller-cultivator with "Patented Power Reverse..." and it is the exact same as the one I purchased. I just made a guess at the engine hp as I was unable to find any ID plate on either tiller or engine.

/ Anyone know of a source for identification on antique rototillers? #5  
It's got "scientific tilling action"!