Anyone use a power brush to remove snow from gravel driveway

/ Anyone use a power brush to remove snow from gravel driveway #1  

ernemats

Veteran Member
Tractor
power trac 422, and agco-allis 5660, john deere 550 dozer ,1845 power trac
I was just wondering if anyone uses a power brush on their tractor to remove snow from a gravel driveway? If so how does it do , removes most of snow and how much of the gravel.

/ Anyone use a power brush to remove snow from gravel driveway #2  
I’m following this one! I lived in a place just out of high school. Roommate would hand sweep small storms. My neighbor uses his leaf blower after he snow blows to make his driveway spotless. But if you had a skid steer that could push the GPMs it would be interesting to see.

/ Anyone use a power brush to remove snow from gravel driveway #3  
If it's effective enough to remove the snow isn't it also going to remove every piece of loose gravel?

/ Anyone use a power brush to remove snow from gravel driveway #4  
I've used a push broom to clear my deck a few times sucessfully. More often unsuccessfully though. It has to be really cold & dry snow, then it sweeps beautifully. The rest of the time it just packs into the broom & on the deck. I plow enough rock with skid shoes down low to even try that here. We get lots of freeze/thaw here in Colorado so lack the frozen solid base under much of the snow. You might have luck if you are a place that freezes solid for months.

/ Anyone use a power brush to remove snow from gravel driveway #5  
I have only ever seen it done on hard surfaces, usually in commercial environments. And only good for a skiff of snow.

/ Anyone use a power brush to remove snow from gravel driveway #6  
A local facility has 5-6 bobcat toolcats and they use power brooms to remove snow on dozens of miles of sidewalk up to 6" deep. If they keep up on it, they rarely switch to the plows. The brooms do a better job of moving it far off the sidewalks than the plows. However, that's a hard surface. I can't imaging using a power broom on gravel. My dad used a small 2-cycle snow blower on gravel... it threw a small rock through a picture window on his house, just as I used a weed-eater along my driveway and threw a small rock through a rear side window on my Suburban.