Anyone with a Branson 5835R having opinions of comparables?

/ Anyone with a Branson 5835R having opinions of comparables? #31  
My rear tires are filled with Rimguard, but I still have to have something on the 3pt hitch for rear ballast. The heavier the better.

/ Anyone with a Branson 5835R having opinions of comparables? #32  
Hello All, I am a first time poster, but a long time follower of Tractorbynet. I am amazed at the knowledge shared on this site.

I am in the beginning stages of purchasing a new tractor and the Branson 5835R looks very interesting on paper, but it is hard to find real world reviews. I very much like the idea of the power shuttle. For those that own one or have knowledge of them, how are they performing?

Thanks,
Tim

/ Anyone with a Branson 5835R having opinions of comparables? #33  
My 8050 has the Power Shuttle, Not quite a 1000 hours on her.
it works good in the shuttle function.
When you try and use the foot pedal "clutch" it is very grabby hooking up a towed implement
or even a 3 point I just about need to drop into A range and 1st or 2nd if I need to ease it back
otherwise it will jump and shudder.
The engagement is good and smooth just using the F/R lever.
My normal mode of operation is to release the brakes as I push or pull the lever and let the tractor control the clutch.
When using the loader or changing directions frequently I will pull the lever to N brake to a stop and engage the lever.
Never touching the foot pedal.

/ Anyone with a Branson 5835R having opinions of comparables?
Hi Guys,
Finally got my 5835R delivered - i haven't really used it yet - but so far it is pretty good, the name is "red rocket".

As LouNY said - the clutch is really just a switch, so the footpedal does not give you smoothifcation, i havent done much yet really, not used to it yet - it sure jerks if going to high range (c).
There is a knob for adjusting the "grab", i have it all the way down but does not really feel as smooth as one would think.
The dealer said this is similar to the older 78 horse, that one did not have the adjustment know.
So far that is my only complaint - the kick from the clutch/shuttle/switch engagement.
Gears are fully synced, so if going flat or downhill it is easy enough to change gears while moving without jerking as bad.

i have two remotes and 3rd function - the dealer i am working with (Bly Farms, in PA) has been great - he mounted 3rd function hoses for front and back for me without extra charge - and give me great advice on details and implements etc.

I will update again in a couple months about how well things work - as i get to know it better.

1618260358097.png

as an additional note for tenesseeTim about power shuttles - in my previous life i had a MF 1540 power shuttle - that particular setup was awesome, regular clutch (or if it wasnt it sure feels like one), and can shift forth and back real easy on the fly, like when doing snow or picking up with bucket... if it hadnt been for some friends of mine having had major issues with newer MF's i probably wouldnt even have looked at branson, since that old one was great and never had an issue, no jerkiness etc.

One can probably argue that the branson 5520R has lesser things that can go wrong with it than the 5835R, little bit less lift/load but in general a simpler tractor nearly as much hp. Does anyone know if the shuttle shift on those need clutching?

/ Anyone with a Branson 5835R having opinions of comparables? #36  
New tractor looks good. Looks like you got enough implements to get some chores done.

Looking forward to seeing some action pictures of getting projects done.

/ Anyone with a Branson 5835R having opinions of comparables? #37  
Any update on experiences with the Branson 5825R - or any other comparables?

I'd love to here people's real world experiences with a Branson.

Like the original poster - I'm looking to buy a Branson 5825R. I'm thinking of getting the loader and backhoe, and then a brushog, etc. I'm in Maryland, and any feedback at all would really be appreciated. Thanks for any comments-

/ Anyone with a Branson 5835R having opinions of comparables? #38  
They had one in stock yesterday at the dealership. Here is the spec sheet...

20211010_122025.jpg

/ Anyone with a Branson 5835R having opinions of comparables? #39  
The back...

Attachments

• 20211010_122036.jpg
    20211010_122036.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 85
Waking up a couple year old thread here - i have learned a few things over the past couple of years, something that may be potential helpful information for others...

in retrospect I wish i would have questioned a few things further when i first got this tractor, specifically the jerkiness of the clutch/shuttle, and not just taking the dealer word for that it is the way it is and normal.
I just kept on using it, annoying but learned to "live with it", along with annoying sync-issues with hot hydraulics after running pto speed for a while.

At roughly 275 hours, i suddenly lost nearly all power going forward, reverse still worked.
This prompted me to google around a bit, posted in a branson/tym FB group and pretty much determined it was a clutch problem, causing neutrual creep as well.
After i got it to service shop, they confirmed the same, forward hydraulic clutch pack "broken".

I found other people that have had the same issue with the same 5835R early models, and many who got the jerkiness fixed by dealer applying software updates. As far as I know this is one of very few branson models that actually have a computer.

So, I assume this will be covered by warranty (it better), but one would really wonder why branson/tym haven't issued a "recall" to get the software update applied, to lessen the amount of clutch packs they have to replace?

anyhow - the other lesson i really learned in this is that it can be more important to have a local good dealer and service dept, than just "the best tractor for my money" when your dealer is 3 hours away.

My machine is still in the shop, a few weeks now, awaiting parts, so i am likely going to eventually trade this in for another brand which has more local dealer presence.

The Tym Absorption of Branson may be somewhat impacting on parts availability, it changed dealer availability for me anyway, although the 5835R is still available under the TYM name, so i assume they will keep on making it for now.

Hearing from others it seems the 5835R is a good tractor with the newer software, and i quite like the loader capacity, my backhoe, and generally most things about it.
Aside from the software/clutch, a couple other items to mention:
- instrument panel is not well made, condensation seems to build up even when it is NOT sitting open in rain, and my first panel died just after 2 years (250'ish hours).
- The rocker switch on fender for off-seat 3pt up/down gets stuck (not great design, dirt gets in it)
- the wires for the remotes are on wheel side of fender, really stupid design, i had to make a custom steel protection bracket to safely use chains. (must set rear wheels a step or two out to have enough space for chains)
- Personally i dont care so much for the buttons with very odd symbols on them related to auto-pto things, i dont really want those auto-pto functions and the symbols make no sense one has to look in the manual, and it is somewhat easy to accidentally hit these buttons when turning forth and back.

Last edited: