Are "NorTracs" Jinma's?

/ Are "NorTracs" Jinma's? #21  
Re: Are \"NorTracs\" Jinma\'s?

We have successfully swapped turf for ags on the smaller 200 series with 8.3x24rears and 6x12 fronts with the turf sizes you mention. I have never checked the rolling ratio between these and the larger tires on the 254/284 (and from what I understand the newer 224s also have the larger tires).

I used a very non exact tape measure comparason of the standing diameters of the small ag tires and the turf tires and on both of those the front wheel is about .65 the diameter of the rear wheel. they are very close. the 6.00x16 and 9.4x24 I have measure more like .71. Now tire pressure alone could change these by more than the difference (I think).

Has anyone used the turf tire sizes mentioned on the 254/284?

I kinda doubt the factory makes two gear ratios....even between the two series of tractors for that matter. A quick check of my parts manual covering 184-284 models shows the same gears in all models except the final redution gears, Both are 13 tooth driving and 69 tooth driven but the 254/284 must have a wider gear, however the difference is not the ratio. Front differential gears appear common to all sizes.

I think the turf tires will work on all models. The difference in tire diameter and the gear ratio will never be an exact match, that is why 4wd must only be used on soft ground. You shouldn't need it on hard ground anyway.