Are we in the USA really this far behind?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Are we in the USA really this far behind? #91  
We’ll get what we are willing to pay for. The equipment marketing people are always looking and listening to their customers. If there’s a need for something in any quantity (more than a few) they’ll find a way to provide it. Some things stick and are successful, like disc mowers. Others are not, like the ground-powered hay bale thrower we had about 45 years ago.

/ Are we in the USA really this far behind? #92  
I watched your video. All I can say is that you can only charge so much for SCUT whether your costs are constricted to emissions or allowed for new innovations depends on where you live.

India, Indonesia & China aren't at all worried about tractor emissions, as a result they get the cool new features, we get clean air let the trade winds carry over to them.

Answer your question, yes in most every way the US quality of life has flat lined for the past couple of decades & the rest of the world has leap frogged us.

/ Are we in the USA really this far behind? #94  
Have a small farm, I just sell the gras, exchanging bills and hopes to earn a few hundred dollars. Have to farm it my self so this bill exchange is to obey the law, the alternative is to rent out the land for minimum 10 years in a locked deal, a arrangement I do not like.
I've heard of that ten year deal. Very bad. We here in U.S. don't have any understanding of that.

/ Are we in the USA really this far behind? #95  
I could be wrong but I believe the Europeans are running tractors more like 40 MPH or ?KPH on the road.
Probably so. If I would have said 40mph I would have gotten blasted by the nay sayers. So I went with a number that might be accepted. Hay Dude talked about his tractors. He don't know fast. Nothing in his tractor list will hold a candle to European tractors on the road. :)

/ Are we in the USA really this far behind? #96  
I've heard of that ten year deal. Very bad. We here in U.S. don't have any understanding of that.
It's really no big problem, it's to keep farmland in use if we need it in a time of crisis.

/ Are we in the USA really this far behind? #97  
Probably so. If I would have said 40mph I would have gotten blasted by the nay sayers. So I went with a number that might be accepted. Hay Dude talked about his tractors. He don't know fast. Nothing in his tractor list will hold a candle to European tractors on the road. :)
Never said they would, but no offense with those little put puts you got, probably anything seems fast. :)
I mean my Fast Trac did 40MPH and this photo is from like 7 years ago, but I guess 40MPH here isn’t as fast as 40MPH over in Europe? :unsure:

1641856819739.png

1641856437532.jpeg

1641856629717.jpeg

I realized I had no need to go 40MPH and quite honestly, our roads are so awful, you can’t drive 40 on them in a car, either.
So after owning 2 JCBs I realized that I couldn’t use them for their full speed potential.

So I dropped down to only being able to do 35MPH in my Massey 7495.
Shes a real slug LOL
1641857519340.png

Heres me doing 33+ not even at 2000RPM. It’ll do 35.
Not that fast, but not too bad….
1641858354070.jpeg

Last edited:
   / Are we in the USA really this far behind? #98  
Never said they would, but with those little put puts you got, probably anything seems fast. :)
I mean my Fast Trac did 40MPH and this photo is from like 7 years ago, but I guess 40MPH here isn’t as fast as 40MPH over in Europe? :unsure:

View attachment 728727

View attachment 728721

View attachment 728722

I realized I had no need to go 40MPH and quite honestly, our roads are so awful, you can’t drive 40 on them in a car, either.
So after owning 2 JCBs I realized that I couldn’t use them for their full speed potential.

View attachment 728729
I must have missed it...... Where in these pics does it confirm 40mph? Please help me find that..... Thanks!!!

/ Are we in the USA really this far behind? #99  
Never said they would, but with those little put puts you got, probably anything seems fast. :)

View attachment 728727

View attachment 728721

View attachment 728722

Shes a real slug LOL
View attachment 728730
View attachment 728729
The limiting factor on your Fastrac was the front tires. They were mounted backwards!!! No way you're achieving faster speeds with those tires facing the wrong way. 🤣

/ Are we in the USA really this far behind? #100  
Why no front end loaders on any of those tractors?
The vast majority of what was on that video were vineyard/orchard tractors. Low profile and narrow......not something you put a loader of any kind on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

Vassar Hay Dolly (A33041)
Vassar Hay Dolly...
Massey Ferguson 3070 Tractor (A33041)
Massey Ferguson...
AGT H13R Mini Excavator (A33526)
AGT H13R Mini...
John Deere B Grain Drill (A33041)
John Deere B Grain...
Brent 670 Grain Cart (A33041)
Brent 670 Grain...
Sany SY50 Hydraulic Excavator Thumb (A33113)
Sany SY50...