Asking price for JD 790 4x4

/ Asking price for JD 790 4x4 #1  

pretendfarmer

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 790
Hi. I just recently purchased a beautiful JD 790 4x4. It has a little over 400 hours. What would be the asking price for such tractor?

I love the tractor but the non-folding ROPS has already become a major hassle for me, so much so that I am considering just selling it off for something with a folding unit. I have not been able to find an aftermarket folding ROPS, John Deere and the local dealer say nothing is offered, and the thought of cutting it shorter and opening myself up to liability should I sell it down the road is not something I want to risk. The replacement parts for the ROPS are over $2,000, so cutting it down is an expensive alteration.

/ Asking price for JD 790 4x4 #2  
Hi. I just recently purchased a beautiful JD 790 4x4. It has a little over 400 hours. What would be the asking price for such tractor?

I love the tractor but the non-folding ROPS has already become a major hassle for me, so much so that I am considering just selling it off for something with a folding unit. I have not been able to find an aftermarket folding ROPS, John Deere and the local dealer say nothing is offered, and the thought of cutting it shorter and opening myself up to liability should I sell it down the road is not something I want to risk. The replacement parts for the ROPS are over $2,000, so cutting it down is an expensive alteration.
I would check tractorhouse.com for comparables.

/ Asking price for JD 790 4x4
I would check tractorhouse.com for comparables.
I looked there but they are dealers and the prices seem a bit high. I'm looking more for a reasonable private party price.

/ Asking price for JD 790 4x4 #4  
I looked there but they are dealers and the prices seem a bit high. I'm looking more for a reasonable private party price.
It’s a starting point. You can start there or a little lower and see what responses you get. Good used equipment is going for a premium price now.