Asphalt driveway and R4 tires

/ Asphalt driveway and R4 tires #1  

UncleMerle

Tractor
2021 Mahindra 2660
I have a Mahindra tractor with a loader and ballast in the rear tires (R4's) that weighs just a little under 7000 pounds. It is frequently run on our gravel driveway, but we are looking at upgrading to asphalt that will be spread 4 inches thick and rolled and compressed to 3 inches thick. Once the drive has "cured" will the weight of the tractor on the R4's damage the asphalt. Does anyone have experience with running tractors on asphalt? Thanks in advance.

/ Asphalt driveway and R4 tires #2  
you will be fine once its cured.
word of advice.... dont park on it when its hot outside.

/ Asphalt driveway and R4 tires #4  
My tractor is over 10,000 pounds with R4’s. No issue on my paved driveway. The only marks are from operator error and my bucket. The tires, no marks.

/ Asphalt driveway and R4 tires #5  
Your tractor weighs about the same as a 3/4 ton truck and has larger contact patches on the tires, which are at lower psi. So it will be putting less pressure on the pavement than that 3/4 ton.

If the pavement is thin then it can crack or sink a little at the edges where you drive off onto the dirt. Mine's done that, but it's 1" or less (the PO who put it in wanted it done cheap). You'll probably be fine.

/ Asphalt driveway and R4 tires #6  
I have a Mahindra tractor with a loader and ballast in the rear tires (R4's) that weighs just a little under 7000 pounds. It is frequently run on our gravel driveway, but we are looking at upgrading to asphalt that will be spread 4 inches thick and rolled and compressed to 3 inches thick. Once the drive has "cured" will the weight of the tractor on the R4's damage the asphalt. Does anyone have experience with running tractors on asphalt? Thanks in advance.

My work truck weighs 18000 pounds and has not damaged my driveway in ten years since I paved it

/ Asphalt driveway and R4 tires #7  
No sharp turns.

/ Asphalt driveway and R4 tires #8  
Stay off the edges, no tight turns, no 4WD, and try to limit activity when the pavement is really hot. Keep the loader bucket and loader frame from scraping or digging into pavement.