At the age where I'm losing many friends...

/ At the age where I'm losing many friends... #21  
I am still bothered by the passing of a childhood friend.
During grade school days my only friend (rural area) was responsible for me learning a second language as well as all those crazy antics youths experience.
I re made contact last year with promise to hook up again.
We reminisced over hoards of our teen antics and I promised to drop by to reminisce.
Shortly later I was nearby and called to say I was coming.
No answer at both his phones.

Did a search to attempt to locate him only to learn he had passed away.

Gotta say I'm still shook up over this as he probably had the most influence on me.
While early on we stayed well connected all with our sport cars and weekend car tours, his then wife gave him the ultimatum of either her or his friends.
We were told to not come back.
He since re married and we would have been welcomed back.
Maybe an old softy but I have moist eyes as I type this.
He was the guy that gave up his future to care for his amputated father and carry him up to stairs as well as I gather his new wife was in a serious medical position.

Getting on in years sure sucks!
I'd like to meet the guy that coined 'Golden Years', I'd have a few words for him. (Not all nice). LOL
OK, getting close to 80 I guess I can't complain (much) LOL.
Fortunately here In Canada we have medicare and so far I think in US$ I have cost them possibly $40,000 or so and my total outlay has been exorbitant parking fees

Some young MD suspected I might have lung cancer and all the (costly tests) came up negative. (thanks).
OK, I have COPD (ex smoker) but I can live with that all not really that restrictive to my retired life style.
I still can use my tractor and do all those tractor chores and even earn a few $$'s at it. (just for fun as I don't need the $$'s, just refuse to do free (except for friends))

Next on my slate is prostate removal, again the parking will be costly and I do have to wait about 3-4 weeks for that to occur, but that is not life threatening so I can wait a month or so.

And you neighbors to the south were all upset about ***** Care? and will ***** Care be better?

Hey sorry for my rant, must have been the 2nd Scotch. LOL!

/ At the age where I'm losing many friends... #22  
I try to keep my eyes on the big picture, I to get sadden by the loss of loved ones, this is one of my feel good songs......
Take My Hand, Precious Lord By Jim Nabors - YouTube

John 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

/ At the age where I'm losing many friends... #23  
At 58 I am going through the same thing. My father passed away June 13th this year. We were very close. I still think of him daily. The sting of losing him will never completely leave. Mom will be next. You try to get ready for it but you never are. I'm just thankful for the good times we had together working on the farm and the knowledge he gave me. Priceless.

My closest friend owns a funeral home and is a licensed embalmer. I asked him how he dealt with death and dealing with families. He said at times it is difficult. The hardest one's are the children. All we have is our faith and family. It's never easy to lose friends or family.

My most sincere condolences ultrarunner.

/ At the age where I'm losing many friends... #24  
I am still bothered by the passing of a childhood friend.
During grade school days my only friend (rural area) was responsible for me learning a second language as well as all those crazy antics youths experience.
I re made contact last year with promise to hook up again.
We reminisced over hoards of our teen antics and I promised to drop by to reminisce.
Shortly later I was nearby and called to say I was coming.
No answer at both his phones.

Did a search to attempt to locate him only to learn he had passed away.

Gotta say I'm still shook up over this as he probably had the most influence on me.
While early on we stayed well connected all with our sport cars and weekend car tours, his then wife gave him the ultimatum of either her or his friends.
We were told to not come back.
He since re married and we would have been welcomed back.
Maybe an old softy but I have moist eyes as I type this.
He was the guy that gave up his future to care for his amputated father and carry him up to stairs as well as I gather his new wife was in a serious medical position.

Getting on in years sure sucks!
I'd like to meet the guy that coined 'Golden Years', I'd have a few words for him. (Not all nice). LOL
OK, getting close to 80 I guess I can't complain (much) LOL.
Fortunately here In Canada we have medicare and so far I think in US$ I have cost them possibly $40,000 or so and my total outlay has been exorbitant parking fees

Some young MD suspected I might have lung cancer and all the (costly tests) came up negative. (thanks).
OK, I have COPD (ex smoker) but I can live with that all not really that restrictive to my retired life style.
I still can use my tractor and do all those tractor chores and even earn a few $$'s at it. (just for fun as I don't need the $$'s, just refuse to do free (except for friends))

Next on my slate is prostate removal, again the parking will be costly and I do have to wait about 3-4 weeks for that to occur, but that is not life threatening so I can wait a month or so.

And you neighbors to the south were all upset about ***** Care? and will ***** Care be better?

Hey sorry for my rant, must have been the 2nd Scotch. LOL!

If you were on Medicare in the USA (I am) you could get Proton Radiation, and would not need surgery.
Canada does not offer Proton Radiation.
Up to 36 treatments, no pain, no side effects.
VERY DIFFERENT than conventional radiation. Does not damage surrounding tissue.
I did it in California 21 years ago.
Proton treatment facilities are VERY expensive to build (up to $200 million per facility).
I believe that there are now 12 across the US.

Go to: Proton BOB Home | Proton BOB if you are interested in more information.

/ At the age where I'm losing many friends...
When a friend passes... especially one with shared experiences going back it is the realization a part of you is also gone...

My condolences to those that have lost friends and family...