Auto login behavior

/ Auto login behavior #1  

BravoXray

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2230, John Deere 430 Diesel
Just curious, but a while back I checked the "stay logged in" checkbox, and thereafter I didn't need to log in when I came to TBN. Then, a couple of weeks ago, I had to start manually start logging in again. Now, it's back to keeping me logged in automatically.
Even more curiously the exact thing happened at the same time over at OTT.

I use Firefox browser, and I have gotten a couple of updates during that period, but they never corresponded to the same time frame.

Comments?

/ Auto login behavior #4  
Do you have your web browser is “private” mode so it doesn’t remember .

/ Auto login behavior #5  
I'm having the same issue here, after years of being logged in all the time it quit. I'm going to delete all the TbN cookies (30) in FF and start over right after I read everything today as I'll lose all the thread bookmarks.

/ Auto login behavior #6  
Do you have your web browser is “private” mode so it doesn’t remember .

Nope. Not in private mode.

For me it worked for a few days then required logging in.

But - Knock on wood - it’s been working for more than a week now.

MoKelly

/ Auto login behavior
Sounds like I'm not the only one who was affected, so it wasn't on my end.
I hadn't deleted my cookies, so it wasn't that.
But my memorized login worked so I didn't have to dig out my 4 X 6 cards with all my user names and passwords on them.

/ Auto login behavior #10  
Yesterday I deleted all the TbN cookies, relogged in and then left. Today when I hit the icon it took me to the new posts, already logged in just like before. Probably one of the cookies got corrupted somehow, and just like turning it off and back on, it sorted itself.