Backhoe Attachment

/ Backhoe Attachment #1  

mtnxtreme

Bronze Member
Has anyone ever used an attachment like this Case D125 skid steer backhoe, I'm thinking a quick tach plate can be welded on ? Would it be too much for a Toolcat ? Here's a video of one

IMG 2124 - YouTube

/ Backhoe Attachment #2  
Has anyone ever used an attachment like this Case D125 skid steer backhoe, I'm thinking a quick tach plate can be welded on ? Would it be too much for a Toolcat ? Here's a video of one

IMG 2124 - YouTube

Yes, my neighbor has one on his LX665 that I've used a fair amount. It's a reasonably capable machine. It's limited more in reach than it is digging power.

That video, there aren't brackets that run back to the loader arms, which IMO are a very good idea. You can see how much the machine is bouncing around, and the stress it is inducing on the loader tilt cylinders and pins.

It might be getting a little big for a toolcat, but I'm not totally sure.

/ Backhoe Attachment #3  
Bobcat makes one for the skid steers:

bc bh.JPG

It is not approved for the Toolcat, but might work if easy digging.

The swing arm style would be less expensive, but also hard on the lift arms:

download.png

swing.jpg
BR-SkidHoe-112140-2.jpg

/ Backhoe Attachment #4  
The reason they aren't approved for the toolcat is because of the two needed connections to the skid steer lift arms to react to the tilting force of the backhoe. You could try to fab up something yourself to support back to the toolcat arms but then you're risking damaging either the backhoe or toolcat (or yourself). The aftermarket swing arm "half backhoes" maybe would work but again different loading than the toolcat was designed for.

/ Backhoe Attachment #5  
I would not put a backhoe on the Toolcat arms, skidsteers have a wider stance for the arms where the toolcat does not, I would fear twisting the arms especially digging off to the sides, what are you going to do with it