Bad boy compact tractors?

/ Bad boy compact tractors? #61  
Thanks for the clarifications on Deere. Are Branson made in the USA or South Korea? Did they used to be USA and swapped Once bought by TYM?

A 2 range HST in the mountains would be an absolute No go.

/ Bad boy compact tractors? #62  
Thanks for the clarifications on Deere. Are Branson made in the USA or South Korea? Did they used to be USA and swapped Once bought by TYM?
They have been always made in South Korea, same as TYM.

As far as I know, there are no tractors being made in the USA at the moment. By that, I mean really made in the USA, from the front to the back. Not just assembled in the USA with parts from all over the world.

/ Bad boy compact tractors? #63  
TYM bought Branson not the other way abound, neither have ever been made in the US...

SR

/ Bad boy compact tractors? #64  
John Deere Compact Utility Tractors are built by John Deere in Augusta GA.

/ Bad boy compact tractors? #65  
I think "assembled" would be a better term for what was shown in the vid...

I would have asked "where was this tranny made?" also "where was this diesel engine made?" Things like that, not because I want to pick on deere, but because I like to know where my "stuff" was REALLY made.

SR

/ Bad boy compact tractors? #66  
It seems where tractors are made is one of the biggest misinformation things I see posted. John Deere’s smaller tractors are made in the US. The transmissions are made in the US but the engines are Yanmar. I would say they are as much a US made product as anything these days but for example the quick connects for my end loader say Italy.

Someone said Kukje makes JD 6 series. I can find absolutely nothing that agrees with that statement. They are put together in Mexico in a JD factory. I did find a reference that Kukje is suppling engines to Yanmar and Cummins. It looks like Kukje is the parent company of Branson and TYM? I think in the past other companies were making JD tractors. It now appears to me JD tractors are mostly, if not all of them, are made in JD factories in a lot of different countries. I don’t know about JD mowers.

/ Bad boy compact tractors? #67  
It seems where tractors are made is one of the biggest misinformation things I see posted. John Deere’s smaller tractors are made in the US. The transmissions are made in the US but the engines are Yanmar. I would say they are as much a US made product as anything these days but for example the quick connects for my end loader say Italy.

Someone said Kukje makes JD 6 series. I can find absolutely nothing that agrees with that statement. They are put together in Mexico in a JD factory. I did find a reference that Kukje is suppling engines to Yanmar and Cummins. It looks like Kukje is the parent company of Branson and TYM? I think in the past other companies were making JD tractors. It now appears to me JD tractors are mostly, if not all of them, are made in JD factories in a lot of different countries. I don’t know about JD mowers.
"In 1987, we were the first to make a technical collaboration with the world leading brand John Deere and from then on we grown together in the overseas market." - Branson

"Kukje was founded in 1968 as Korea Agricultural Machinery Co., and changed its name in 1978 to Kukje Machinery Co. In 1980, Kukje signed a technological agreement with Yanmar of Japan. In addition, Kukje has manufactured/distributed some John Deere tractors since 1987." - Branson | Dave's Tractor, Inc.

And on the Kukje website, you can see the JD tractors they make. 국제종합기계

So yeah, they've been making tractors for John Deere since 1987 and just maybe, this info agrees with my statement early...

/ Bad boy compact tractors? #68  
I’m not saying your wrong but where exactly does it say the manufacture JD 6 series tractors. I looked up a couple of CURRENT 6 series tractors on Tractor Data and they look to made at a JD plant in Mexico. I see the reference to Yanmar, which does supply a lot of JD engines for the smaller tractors. I see SOME John Deere tractors, but it doesn’t say what.

Like I said I’m not saying your wrong, I just don’t see any specific tractors they say they make for JD.

I looked up several more 6 series, I saw Mexico, Germany and Iowa as the locations they are made.

Last edited:
   / Bad boy compact tractors? #69  
Zetor used to supply tractors sold under the Deere brand, but they were not marketed in the US. Sometimes the answers are found abroad.

Last edited:
   / Bad boy compact tractors? #70  
John Deere made in Horicon WI.