Battery disconnect switch

/ Battery disconnect switch #51  
If I ever have the need for theft protection I’ll try replacing the main fuse in the fuse box with a dummy or blown fuse. I figure most opportunistic thieves aren’t going to take the time to diagnose the problem or carry the proper fuse with them.

My trick for theft protection is to disconnect my seat safety switch.

But since many of todays tractors have 'keep alive circuits' (like a computer or even a radio) I like the battery disconnect theory.

On my CUT I also have a permantly installed intelligent charger to keep my now aging battery fully charged. It is in parallel with the block heater circuit.
Another little gimmick I've incorporated is to use a LED permanently wired to serve as a flag to confirm that my trickle charger and block heater are 'live'.
LOL, my CUT is always hot and ready to go!

Another minor bonus is that my cab warms up much sooner since the engine coolant is pre heated.
Hey, baby it's cold outside!

Oh, and I like Andersons!
I have a smaller one to power my fueling transfer pump and the higher amp one for my booster cables that are also Anderson terminated.

My booster cable 'kit' includes a shorter 'jumper' for when I need both ends clamp ended.

Last edited:
   / Battery disconnect switch #52  
We have switches on our equipment. On the ground cable.