BCS snow blower to Gravely marriage

/ BCS snow blower to Gravely marriage #1  

mx842

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L3301, PowerKing 2414, John Deere 316, Gravely ZT HD 52
Has anybody ever tried to connect a BCS snow blower up to an old model L gravely. I came across a Bio 100 chipper and a snow blower awhile back and I surely would like to at least use the snow blower. That 10 spline shaft seems to be throwing a monkey wrench in my plan along with the BCS 2 bolt hookup they use and the 4 bolt attachment that is on my Gravely.

I'm sure there are some other issues also that may pop up like directional issues I just haven't got that far yet.

/ BCS snow blower to Gravely marriage #2  
Has anybody ever tried to connect a BCS snow blower up to an old model L gravely. <snip>That 10 spline shaft seems to be throwing a monkey wrench in my plan along with the BCS 2 bolt hookup they use and the 4 bolt attachment that is on my Gravely.

There were/are a multitude of Italian 2-wheel tractor manufacturers. Each uses a proprietary, unique, PTO with varying shaft diameters, spline patterns, bolt configurations, etc. to force brand loyalty. A multitude of attachment manufacturers make the same attachments with different PTO connections to fit the different tractors. I enquired about adapters at both the company I purchased my Goldoni from and Joel at Earth Tools and was told BCS-Goldoni adapters do not exist. I suspect the difficulty in finding a machinist to make a BCS-Gravely one and the cost of so doing would be prohibitive.

I'm sure there are some other issues also that may pop up like directional issues I just haven't got that far yet.

Assuming you do get an adapter, the length will affect the balance and handling of the machine. That may require modifications to put weights on either the tractor or the implement.

/ BCS snow blower to Gravely marriage
There were/are a multitude of Italian 2-wheel tractor manufacturers. Each uses a proprietary, unique, PTO with varying shaft diameters, spline patterns, bolt configurations, etc. to force brand loyalty. A multitude of attachment manufacturers make the same attachments with different PTO connections to fit the different tractors. I enquired about adapters at both the company I purchased my Goldoni from and Joel at Earth Tools and was told BCS-Goldoni adapters do not exist. I suspect the difficulty in finding a machinist to make a BCS-Gravely one and the cost of so doing would be prohibitive.

Assuming you do get an adapter, the length will affect the balance and handling of the machine. That may require modifications to put weights on either the tractor or the implement.

I could probably put and engine on the chipper and make that work but mobility would be an issue. I'm thinking that I would have to do away with their pully system and just run the rotor shaft right off the motor shaft to get the speed right. I had a Gravely snow thrower but it up and walked away one day now to get snow off my drive I have to put my plow balde on and that is such a pain especially when it piles up. I also end up pushing gravel all out into the yard which is also a pain to get up. Maybe I'll look around to see if I can find someone who has a decent gravely unit they might be willing to trade for this BCS one. Thanks