Beans are Up!

/ Beans are Up! #1  

Ted Summey

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5100F IH McCormick Farmall 140, Massey Ferguson 135
Here is a picture of the food plot I planted a couple of weeks ago. These are forage soybeans and will grow to 5 to 7 feet tall!

You might be able to make out the double fence on the left side. There are tons of deer and turkey tracks outside the fence. It must be image.jpgworking!

/ Beans are Up!
Just to the left of where I took the photo are a 6'x8' box stand and a 20' two man ladder stand. This location has accounted for 5 or more deer the last few seasons. Last year it produced two large 8 pointers during archery season and the year before it produced a 205 pound nine point during muzzleloader season! I've lost count of the number of does taken here.

/ Beans are Up! #4  
I put soybean, sunflower and eqyptian wheat seed in the ground last Thursday. We were supposed to get some nice rains Friday and Saturday, but that did not happen. Now not much in the forecast. I hope the seed stay covered well until we get some moisture. This is my first time with beans.

/ Beans are Up! #5  
I planted my food plots two weeks ago but havent' been back up to check on them yet. With the cold last night (was 37 in Lburg) I hope it didn't frost!

/ Beans are Up!
We had frost warnings last night too. Fortunately my plots are on the ridges for the most part. My house sits at or near the same elevation as the the plots and I didn't see any frost here this morning!

That would be an expensive food plot if the frost ruined it!