Dealer Best dealer in Wash DC area?

/ Best dealer in Wash DC area? #11  
Any commentary on experiences with the service departments of any VA dealers?

/ Best dealer in Wash DC area? #12  
Dickinson's runs anywhere from 1 to 2 weeks of wait during the season. That is the only frustrating part is having to put your tractor in hock to "hold your spot". I'd rather they have some type of appointment system so you could use your tractor up to a day or two before it is being physically serviced.

That said, their completeness of service is wonderful. I've had an "intermediate" service (when my tractor went on its side) and a 100 hour service. Both times, it came back clean, fresh, and running better than it did when new. They fix everything, provide technician feedback, and make me feel good about my experience.

/ Best dealer in Wash DC area? #13  
I have dealt with Byrd and Dickenson's. Both are good at service. Unfortunate both are small and it may take some time at getting your equipment looked at.

At Dickenson, I wish they would deal on their equipment. Their service managers however make up for that with their williness to answer your questions. When I bent my RTV tailbed we walked out into the lot and started diagnostic on one they had. An hour later I knew how to take the bed off and do the fix myself. That was great!

Good luck in your quest.
-Mike Z.

/ Best dealer in Wash DC area? #14  
I'm still in my honeymoon phase with mine, but so far I am very impressed with Hugh Gardiner in Faulkner, MD. They're family owned (since like 1927), relatively small shop, and the owner is "out on the floor" all the time. Bought a rear blade 2 months ago from a different salesman than the one that sold me the tractor and he calls me by name when he sees me - which always suprises me as I have a 'toy" tractor and they're always packed and hustling. And I like that they all hustle - have seen the sales guys doing deliveries, and prepping equipment. They're well staffed, but apparentlly not pigeon holed in their role
Just scheduled my 50 hr service - said they'd pick it up Monday and have it back by Friday- which is fine by me as I'm 25 miles out.

I see you mentioned Gaithersburg, so this is probably too far out, but figured I'd add my $.02

/ Best dealer in Wash DC area? #15  
NuBota said:
I'm still in my honeymoon phase with mine, but so far I am very impressed with Hugh Gardiner in Faulkner, MD. They're family owned (since like 1927), relatively small shop, and the owner is "out on the floor" all the time. Bought a rear blade 2 months ago from a different salesman than the one that sold me the tractor and he calls me by name when he sees me - which always suprises me as I have a 'toy" tractor and they're always packed and hustling. And I like that they all hustle - have seen the sales guys doing deliveries, and prepping equipment. They're well staffed, but apparentlly not pigeon holed in their role
Just scheduled my 50 hr service - said they'd pick it up Monday and have it back by Friday- which is fine by me as I'm 25 miles out.

I see you mentioned Gaithersburg, so this is probably too far out, but figured I'd add my $.02

I have to agree, Hugh Gardiner is a top notch dealer and is a very nice man himself.

/ Best dealer in Wash DC area? #16  
What for the Kubota Finance fee if appropriate and also the UCC (?) fee, some dealers charge more than others.