Best Value Track Loader 2100lb ROC

/ Best Value Track Loader 2100lb ROC #1  

billybonds

Bronze Member
Tractor
New Holland Workmaster 35
In the market for a new or used track loader. We own a horse farm and a few other properties, and it will be used primarily for grading, snow removal, and moving materials like manure, sand, fill, and RCA. I also want the ability to unload pallets of grain(2k lbs) and occasionally possibly move something like a barrier block. I will also need to maneuver in and out of a lot of paddocks with 8' gates, so I thought a medium frame machine would be the best bet for me. Based on the hours I put on my existing tractor, I will be putting less than 200 hours per year on the machine, unless I start doing some side work as well. Since I will be the only operator, I want pilots, A/C, and hydraulic quick-attach for my personal comfort. I also like the swing up door like the Kubota and Takeuchi have. I already have a 10k trailer, so I also prefer a machine in the low 8k weight range to avoid CDL/DOT issues, which is also why I am looking at medium frame machines. There are Bobcat, CAT, Kubota, Deere, Case, Yanmar, Takeuchi, New Holland dealers within 30 minutes of me.

/ Best Value Track Loader 2100lb ROC #2  
I LOVE my ASV RC30, but it is not your size range. All track or wheeled machines are terrible forklifts.... I use my machine for a gazillion different things, so I have plenty of workarounds for not having a ton of lift capacity. I can lift and pour half ton bags of rock, which soaking wet are more like 1500, without counterweight. The ASV undercarriage is torsion axles on all four corners which is quite nice. I have to have the low ground pressure tracks, and the ability to float over mud, and crawl right through 2' of mud with a 800# log in the grapple. The traction pushing sand into a stockpile is unmatched. I did side by side comparison with Take, ASV, Bobcat and Cat tracked skid steers one by having each dealer rep bring their demo to a company picnic, and an unsigned check to each of them- bring your demo- the others will be there- I'll buy the one that works. the ASV out climbed all of them and it stayed on site. Sold it with the company, but I still have my RC 30, Been a goo machine for me for 15 years with almost no issues. The 48" width Is so useful, and you can work around the Grain Pallets issue, you must be doing something already. Not an ordeal to lighten a pallet to another pallet... Size is over rated, unless it is too big, which is most of the problems. You're stuck doing hand work when your machine wont get into a space. Purchase cost and fuel, and maintenance and repair. I go days on a few gallon of diesel.

/ Best Value Track Loader 2100lb ROC #3  
In the market for a new or used track loader. We own a horse farm and a few other properties, and it will be used primarily for grading, snow removal, and moving materials like manure, sand, fill, and RCA. I also want the ability to unload pallets of grain(2k lbs) and occasionally possibly move something like a barrier block. I will also need to maneuver in and out of a lot of paddocks with 8' gates, so I thought a medium frame machine would be the best bet for me. Based on the hours I put on my existing tractor, I will be putting less than 200 hours per year on the machine, unless I start doing some side work as well. Since I will be the only operator, I want pilots, A/C, and hydraulic quick-attach for my personal comfort. I also like the swing up door like the Kubota and Takeuchi have. I already have a 10k trailer, so I also prefer a machine in the low 8k weight range to avoid CDL/DOT issues, which is also why I am looking at medium frame machines. There are Bobcat, CAT, Kubota, Deere, Case, Yanmar, Takeuchi, New Holland dealers within 30 minutes of me.

A "low 8K weight range" machine on a 10K trailer?
Empty trailer will weigh less than 2000 lbs?
I don't think so.

/ Best Value Track Loader 2100lb ROC #4  
A "low 8K weight range" machine on a 10K trailer?
Empty trailer will weigh less than 2000 lbs?
I don't think so.

You're not figuring in tongue weight. There's 1,000+lbs

OP, did you ever decide on a machine? I'm in the market right now. I also have a 10k trailer, and would like to keep it vs. trade it in on a 14k. I'm looking at the Bobcat S250, John Deere 260/270, or Cat 262 series of machines