Best way to ship an L4850 with LA950A loader?

/ Best way to ship an L4850 with LA950A loader? #1  

Brambleberry

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota 4850 EverClutch
I'm trying to find the best way to have a tractor plus loader shipped from 600 mi away. I just did a fr8star load up for bids, but had to estimate on added weight (added 1500lbs) and length (added 3') of the loader.

Tractordata has dimensions for the base tractor but nothing for the loader. Anyone have a link to the specifics on this?

TIA

/ Best way to ship an L4850 with LA950A loader? #2  
Your weight sounds about right, but surely the loader adds more than 3' to a bare tractor? I've heard that there's a website that matches carriers who don't have a full load to people needing shipping. Of course, getting it off the trailer might be tricking without a ramp...

/ Best way to ship an L4850 with LA950A loader? #3  
Find someone with a tandem axle goose neck and a 3/4 or 1 ton pickup and have them fetch it for you. Of course you'll have to pay for it. I do that once in a while and I charge $1.50 a mile on book mileage both ways.

/ Best way to ship an L4850 with LA950A loader? #4  
Beware of brokers is my advice. They'll offer the moon and a low price. Then they post the load on an internet "board" for truckers to bid on. Your load could sit for weeks until a trucker that may happen to be heading that way drops a low enough bid on it for the broker to make a few bucks on the deal.
Been there once getting a truck purchased online shipped across the country to me. The whole ordeal sucked.

/ Best way to ship an L4850 with LA950A loader? #5  
If you are buying from a dealer ask him for some leads for a know hauler. Often tractors are traded between dealers that are to far apart for the dealer to run his own truck. He for might know a broker or a hauler that will move it for you. Calls to the dealers in the area might give good results even if they did not sell you the tractor.

Be aware websites like USHIP are not a good idea. With the prices they are paying many of the haulers must be hauling illegally. It cost more to run the truck then the price they are paying to the truck. Ask for DOT number, MC number, a Certificate of Insurance on the truck and cargo from, anyone hauling for you. Non commercial insurance will not pay for damages to some one that is hauling "For Hire".

Also illegally running trucks and cargo may be impounded in some states. I was paid very well to finish a run for a truck going from Texas to Florida when the DOT did a routine inspection on the truck and found the driver did not even have a drivers license. The truck was towed to the impound lot where I was able to off load the truck and reload the cargo onto my truck and finish the load.

/ Best way to ship an L4850 with LA950A loader?
Thanks everyone, I found a friend that has an F-350 power stroke and we rented a trailer to go get the tractor. Safe and sound, orange tractor in the barn now! Thanks for all the help

/ Best way to ship an L4850 with LA950A loader? #7  
Thanks everyone, I found a friend that has an F-350 power stroke and we rented a trailer to go get the tractor. Safe and sound, orange tractor in the barn now! Thanks for all the help

Always better to do it this way if possible. Then you know how the equipment was handled, loaded and transported the entire way.
My wife was given a 1952 Willys M38A1 jeep earlier this year. It was 1200 miles from where we live. We took a few days and hauled my tilt bed trailer down and brought it home ourselves.
No waiting or worrying if someone had taken our money without bringing the vehicle back to us. As a bonus we spent a couple of nice nights in Florida where we usually vacation and had a very nice time with some local friends.